It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road
Default cat hair

Ok - so I have had my Sampson about 6months now and am wondering if there is anything I can do to keep my clothes from coming out of the dryer covered with little balls of white fur?? Sampson is a mostly white Maine Coon cat and he has very long hair. I try to use a lint roller on my clothes when I take them off to try and remove most of it but it hasn't helped - does anyone have any ideas?? or do I just live with it?? I know I can't totally get rid of it but would just like to keep it under control a little better.

thanks
Kurt
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hi Kurt!

If your aren't already, brush Sampson daily, or even twice a day.

I always though using a dryer would take a lot of the fur off, into the lint trap? I don't have a clothes dryer so don't know, but always thought a dryer would remove a lot of fur.

Do you use a dryer sheet or fabric softener? Either of those may help. I'm thinking the dryer sheet would be best. Make sure it is cat friendly as far as chemicals!

otherwise, yes, when having cats, one does get used to wearing fur. (ever heard the quote.."the outfit's not complete without the fur"?)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen much hair in the lint trap - just lint! I am using a Bounce dryer sheet although I don't see any need for it to be "cat friendly"?? I don't let him play or eat the dryer sheets.
Unread 08-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

There are dryer sheets on the market that actually repel animal hair. I've used them and they seem to help. I always have a ton of hair in the lint trap especially in the winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 08-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldo37 View Post
I haven't seen much hair in the lint trap - just lint! I am using a Bounce dryer sheet although I don't see any need for it to be "cat friendly"?? I don't let him play or eat the dryer sheets.
If you use a dryer sheet on your clothes or bedding, and your cat sleeps on your lap or bed, the residue gets on Sampson's fur, and when he washes, goes into him. I don't really know how much of a danger it is. As I said, I don't use a clothes dryer or dryer sheets. It's just one of those things I think about.

Unread 08-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I also have a Maine Coon and she surely has shed a lot this summer. I'm used to getting cat hair on my clothes and it doesn't bother me all that much. I try to brush my girl once everyday and I vacuum clean everyday. Brushing is the most important bit. Also make sure to give your kitty high quality pet food, it helps reducing the shedding and makes the fur healthier.
Unread 08-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

twokitties is on a distinguished road

I have 3 persians. All white. The dryer sheets work well for me But I use 2-3 in the dryer. Also vaccuming and combing. Good luck.

Kitties Buddies

Tags
animal , cat , cats , clean , food , friendly , fur , girl , hey , kitty , maine coon , maine coon cat , pet , pet food , play

Sponsored Cat Links