It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Zoey Noire is on a distinguished road
Default My cat is holding her head to the side..

Hello all! I am new to the forums and I am so glad I found them I've been a cat lover since I was a little girl and I am so excited I found someplace to talk to other cat lovers.

Now on to my question. My one year old Bombay (Zoey), has recently started holding her head to the side pretty frequently. She doesn't do it all the time, but definitely more than she used to. I have had her ears checked by the vet (and I checked them myself too), and there is no infection or ear mites. She doesn't scratch at her ears, and isn't in any pain. Is this just a behavior change? She normally tilts her head when she is looking at/walking towards me or someone in our family while she makes her normal chirping greeting sounds. It is really kind of cute, but I just want to make sure that it isn't an underlying health problem. Any advice?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

When my Marley was small she would always tilt her head to the side.
She knew she looked cute. xxxxx
Unread 08-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi, I just replied to your thread in the Meow section, Zoey is lovely! I've not heard of this before I must say - perhaps it's just a cute little trait she has developed? Maybe someone else can shed more light on it?

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I love it when kitties do that, it's just so cute... But I've never heard of some kind of problem associated with it.
Unread 08-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Zoey Noire is on a distinguished road

Oh good! That makes me feel so much better to know that other cats do it also and it is normally just a mannerism not a health problem. My husband thinks she does it because when she tilts her head and chirps or meows at us directly its her way of saying, "Hello, the princess is here, why aren't you paying attention to me immediately?!" lol

Thanks for compliments supersmithy, I think she is gorgeous but obviously I'm a little biased hehe.

Tags
advice , behavior , bombay , cat , cat lovers , cats , cute , family , found , girl , health , infection , kitties , love , lovers , meow , mites , problem , question , scratch , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links