It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

princesskittygirl3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best way to settle in my new kitten?

Hi I just got a new kitten yesterday she is white with black,brown,and blonde patches on her , id love to know what colour thats supposed to be offically? Also I live in a 2 bedroom house and I kept her downstairs in the big lounge last night im wondering if i should have? or should i keep her in my room with my chi? or the spare 2nd bedroom? she miiowed alot through the night and i felt terrible. downstairs she has a large cardboard box overturned with a cushion , blanket and a heat pad underneath on low. i left her her some whiskas kitten pouch n a bowl and whiskas kitten dry. plus toys and scratch post. and litter tray with wood pellets [ pet shop recommend them] not sure if they are right for her. she is about 8 weeks old. am i doing it right? i worry im doing something wrong? its my first cat.

she wont seem to eat her food ethier.shes had nothing since 12 noon yesterday i try to encourage her.the woman that had her fed her adult food for cats.is it normal?she sued her litter tray this morning though.

Last edited by princesskittygirl3; 09-05-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I've never heard of using wood pellets as cat litter, you should try a different kind. I use Tidy Cats myself.
If you only got your kitty yesterday, your kitty needs some time to adjust to her new environment. Give your kitty some space for a bit, let her get used to her new home. You might want to try coaxing her to eat a bit of wet food mixed in with her dry food, just a bit, since her tummy will be sensitive to the food changes. The woman who had her should have been feeding her kitten food, if she is only 8 weeks old.
It sounds like you have her off to a really great start, once she settles in, she should be just fine Welcome to you both, what's your kitty's name?
Unread 09-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

princesskittygirl3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent really thought of a name yet lol I do like famous female cats if anyone would lie to help out? although I like sassy?

Yeah she could be claico she is long haired.

She still wont eat anything , she seems to prefer playing.

Im wondering if anyone can recommend a good kitten food i not sure whiskas is really it? Theones ive sen on yahoo answers seem to only in america?

There also seems to be alot of differing opinons so its hard to do whats best.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I'd recommend Royal Canine. But any good quality pet food will do. For example Hill's or Halo.

Whiskas is not a high quality one, so if you can feed your kitten high quality food, that would be a good start

Kitten food is recommended the whole first year of the kitten's life, but as Crystal said, you should mix the old food in with the new. Make the new one a kitten food. It helps building muscles the first year

Tags
adult , art , black , box , brown , cat , cats , dry , dry food , environment , female , food , great , heat , hey , home , house , kitten , kitten food , kitty , litter , love , morning , new home , new kitten , night , pet , pet food , playing , royal , scratch , toys , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links