It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Marionana is on a distinguished road
Default Revolution verus Advantage, Frontline????

Can you suggest one of these flea medications to use on my 6 month old kitten...???

I read on line, continued use of flea prepartions are dangerous and unhealthy for cats down the road...????

Any suggestions how to protect cats naturally..???? I read a few drops of Apple Cider Vineger in their water bowl is good for cats and dogs. Keeps fleas at bay. An added bonus is a shiny coat....

Has anyone used ACV. If so, does it help?

Sorry so many questions. "Two Fifty" (indoor kitten) is due for his third round of revolution tomorrow. Should I continue one more month till I find other options to protect him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-13-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Well, I have used spot on treatments on my cats for a long time now - not just Pixie, Sasha and Simba, but my previous cats Ben and Tippy as well and I nor the cats have ever had any problems with it. I use Stronghold (UK name for Revolution) which protects against worms as well as fleas and wouldn't change as it works really well. I find Advantage is more greasy whereas Stronghold dries to a powder so less of a problem if any spills onto the fur.

I've not tried ACV so can't offer any opinion on that.

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-13-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

hardknoxfirst is on a distinguished road
Default Flea meds.

I previously used "Revolution on my herd of felines. After application, two of my older guys would vomit yellow foam.

I found an excellent vet a year after, and she said she avoided "Revolution", because "it had toxic reaction with cats".

I've used "Frontline Plus" during flea season since then, and it has worked quite well. No more vomiting after application.

I had an outbreak of ear mites after introducing new cats last summer, and my vet recommended "Advantage Multi" for that problem, and it worked well against fleas and ear mites.

Best to you and your furries,

Steve
Unread 09-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi dear, I have always used Frontline on my gang, never had problems.

Never tried ACV either, xxxxx
Unread 09-14-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

I've always used Frontline on my two and it's always worked.
I've never tried ACV either.
Unread 09-14-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Inspired
katlady is on a distinguished road

I started off with Frontline Plus but continued to have fleas so my vet suggested Revolution not only because it takes care of the fleas but also some types of worms and ear mites. I have not had a flea problem since starting that. My cats, even the kittens, have never been sick with it. The kittens had to wait until the were 8 weeks old before starting the treatment. But living here in Florida, the Flea Capital of the US, I swear by the Revolution.
Katlady with Sahara, Cutie Pie, Blanca, Hazi, Angel, Uzziel, Uriel, Seraphina, and Ambriel, Callie, Kira, Annabelle, Grayson and Speckles,Angel2, Jezzie, Delihlia, Bathsheba, Houdini, Tempe, Chandler, Peavey, and Mesa, Stevie Ray, Myeta, Cady, Misty, Sandy,
Unread 09-14-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

hardknoxfirst is on a distinguished road

Advantage Multi takes care of fleas, ear mites, and all intestinal parasites except tape worms (spread by fleas). "Profender" gets the tapeworms, and some other intestinal parasites. Hassle needing diff. med for tapeworms, but that's the deal. My guess is insecticide for tape worms is bad mix w/ chemicals for other worms.
Unread 09-14-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I also use Profender every 3 months as well as the monthly Stronghold (Revolution) and I have never had any problems with either of my cats

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 09-14-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I will take this opportunity to remind everyone reading to never ever, EVER, use over the counter (OTC) flea treatments of any brand on your cats.

Revolution (stronghold) for cats, Frontline and Frontline PLUS for cats, Advantage and Advantage Multi for cats are the only safe spot on flea treatments.

The OTC kinds can make your cats sick and/or kill them.
Unread 09-14-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I've used Frontline Plus on my dog since I first adopted her 8 years ago, and I use Frontline on my kitties as well. I've never had any problems, never seen a flea on any of them

Tags
adopted , age , care , cat , cats , cold , dog , dogs , fleas , found , frontline , fur , healthy , indoor , kitten , kittens , kitties , mites , new cats , opinion , problem , problems , sick , suggestions , vet , vomit , vomiting , water

Sponsored Cat Links