It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

aliciaangel is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Adult male nutered... new male kitten advice

hey guys im new... im alicia 26 f living in dallas ft worth texas.. so i have a male Siamese nutered usually hes great he was awesome with an adult female spayed siamese, i got a new 5 wk old black and white kitten and lets just say i was told it was a girl but its not.. and Orion isnt takeing to well to the new kitten.. hes growling and hissing they are seperated so he can get used to him but i think its going to be rough.. any advice..

and the new kitten hasnt used the box he pooped on hte floor but i put him in the box earlier and he went pee but other than that no. just need some advice.. been a long time since ive had a kitten..

thanks you can reply to here or my email aliciaangel@gmail.com

-Alicia G.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello Alicia and welcome to the forum.

It will take time for Orion to get used to the kitten, that's all. It won't happen in a day or a week. You can get some feliway plug in diffusers to help him feel more secure and less territorial.

Keep them separated when you are not there to supervise, and give Orion a lot of love and attention.

Rub a towel on Orion and the kitten, blending smells. Smell is everything to a cat. Do this every day, and put the towel under Orion's food dishes so he associates the smell of the kitten with good things.

Get on the floor a lot playing with the kitten or Orion. Orion may get so caught up in the Game he forgets the kitten is an intruder, for a while.

Give orion his own litter boxes.

As for the kitten and the litter box:

make sure the litter box sides are low enough that the kitten can get in it easily.

When the kitten poops on the floor, pick up the poop and put it right into his litter box and leave it there, so he knows what to do.

Make sure the litter box is in a central place where the kitten can get to it quickly. Sometimes if the box is too far away, kitten just can't make it.

Please keep us updated, what's the kittens name?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

hey acerlt,

thank you for your reply. i will try your suggestions. and keep you posted as to whats going on. thank you again. i made a smaller litter box for him hoping that that will help a lot.
Unread 09-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

ok so new kitty.. still unnamed.. has used the litter box!! orion.. still not happy..
Unread 09-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update! Glad kitten has figured out the box.

It will take more than a day for Orion to accept the new kitten. It can take weeks or months. But it will happen.

Patience is the key.

Follow the advice given about exchanging smells and playing Games. Before a Game time put a dot of cooking vanilla (not perfume) on the nose and root of tail of each cat. This makes them smell the same, so levels the playing field so to speak.

Get a feliway plug in diffuser or two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
adult , advice , black , box , cat , female , food , game , games , girl , great , growling , happy , hey , hissing , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , litter boxes , love , male , new kitten , nose , pee , playing , siamese , spayed , suggestions , territorial

Sponsored Cat Links