It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

kittynewbie is on a distinguished road
Default Safe Room & Litter Box Location??

I have never had a cat before, and am expecting a five month old Ocicat kitten to come in the next week. Everything I read says to establish a "safe room" for the first few days with litter, food, bed, etc. Also, the breeder said not to give the kitten run of the house without supervision at first. The problem is this: the place where I ultimately want to place the litter box is not in a room that can be closed off. How do I handle this?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

For starters, you should put the litter box in a closed off room. You can move it (slowly) to where you will ultimately have it, once your kitty gets used to it's new home.
Unread 09-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

just wanted to say that personally when i brung home any of my kittens i never limited her to one room, i just ler her explore her surroundings and placed her in her litter tray in the kitchen and she used it straightaway, i have a three bedroom house and she managed to find the litterbox, (cats are very good at remembering routes) it makes sense to limit the kitten to one room at first but if its not possible i dont think u will have too many problems. When u first get your kitten home look out for signs that it needs the toilet, it will probably be scratching and meowing, if u see it doing that put it in the litter tray and they usually find it by themselves after that, good luck, jan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
box , breeder , cat , cats , food , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , litterbox , meowing , new home , ocicat , problem , problems , scratching

Sponsored Cat Links