It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

glass-half-full is on a distinguished road
Default My cat

Well i don't know where to start from...

My cat started vomiting (just water and there were bubbles coming out of her mouth) on the friday the 18th of sept at around 2pm... she vomited for i don't like 12 times so i took her to the vet... here is what he said:

he said she has food poising and gave her about 4 injection and the night passed really well and started feeding her in the morning, i was really happy bcoz she was drinking and eating well.

the vet has said to bring her back so i took her back the next day on the 19th sept at 4 pm... so he gave her 3 more injections and said that she'll be well.

I got her home, she had food and water and also urinated but at 3am at night he started vomiting again...

Sooo i took her to another vet at 7 am in the morning... he said that its difficult to say what wrong with her...

He gave her 200ml drip of glucose through iv and 2 injection of which one was an antibiotic.... now i am back home... gonna start feeding her soon...

i noticed that her stomach is hanging, i just called the vet and he said that its because of the drip of glucose... is it because of that????

I am really worried and upset... plz any advice or suggestion from here would be God Send...

Help...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

The first question that pops to mind: is your cat spayed? If not, sounds like she might be pregnant.
Either that, or she got into something she shouldn't have, and the vomiting is her way of trying to bring it up. Did your vet do x-rays, ultrasound? She could have a blockage in her stomach/intestines.
Unread 09-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

no she isn't sprayed... and m sure she is not pragnet and the vet didn't do any x-ray or ultrasound...

have any idea y her stomach is hanging???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Yes, the fluid pouch will slide around to hang under her stomach. quite common.

Once you get her healthy agian, please get her spayed and keep her inside. that will prevent her from ever getting into something poisonous again.

In the mean time write down your questions if you wnat to know things like what kind of shots these vets are giving her, and what kind of poison they suspect. Was blood work ever done to check kidney and liver function?

How old is your kitty, what's her name?
Unread 09-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

thanx soo much for the reply, i have actually started feeding her but she is not drinking any water or the home made soup that i made her... is it normal??? since there is already fluid in her body. she's acting very fine and energetic. just having some difficulty finding a right position to sleep in.
Unread 09-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

It is normal for a cat to not drink much after receiving sub q fluids. You can feed her canned food, that will help keep her hydrated.
Unread 09-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

i gave her some water and home made soup and she vomited it after 2 hours... i have been reading about Intestinal Blockage and it seems like that to me.

I will suggest it to my vet tomorrow and bad luck for me its a major holiday in my country tomorrow.

sooo the vet will have to do an ultrasound to diagnose it???
Unread 09-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

well... just got over the phone with the vet. he said that it can not be intestinal blockage because he said the stomach is swelled up or something and he didn't feel anything like that when he felt it this afternoon.

sooo maybe i fed her too soon thats y she vomited (very little). m gonna wait for a few more hours b4 i fed her again.

Any suggestions are welcome...
Unread 09-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

ok heres another thing... my vet has suggested some of these home remedies:

1. to give her honey which will stimulate her appetite
2. take egg white and mix with an equal quantity of honey and give it her... as a cure for vomiting

Ever heard of these, i haven't tried anything till now coz i thing its a bit tooo fishy.

I agree honey has powerful healing properties in humans.

and i have been giving my cat honey form a very long time wen she vomits bcoz of the hairball thing and it has done no harm to her... but as she is seriously ill at the moment and her stomach is not taking in anything, i think honey is not right at the moment.
What do u guys think???
Unread 09-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

sorry i cudn't update everyone b4 i was very busy with my baby as you guys will understand.

well baby is doing really well, she has been on boiled chicken from the past 48 hours. I feed her every 3-4 hours in small quantities coz im still really scared about her vomiting. i literally watch her for atleast an hour after she has her food.

the vet did a good job with her. he wants to see her again 2morrow to give her a vitamin injection and to check her general health coz she has gotten very weak.

I just wanna thank u guys for showing such interest and for helping me cope with this situation. You guys will always be in mine and baby's prayers.

Tags
advice , antibiotic , art , baby , canned food , cat , cat food , constipation , eating , egg , fip , food , free , happy , health , healthy , hey , holiday , home , kitty , morning , moving , night , peeing , personality , poop , prayers , pregnant , problem , question , scared , sleep , small , spayed , stress , suggestions , upset , vet , vomiting , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links