It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Illine is on a distinguished road
Default Bath time help!

Okay, I've had my MoJo since February and he really needs a bath. I have tried it one time and he scratched and clawed me to no end. Does anyone have any suggestions? He doesn't appear to be dirty but his pillow is very dirty where he lays.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
Artemis Moonsong is on a distinguished road

He shouldn't be dirty unless he goes outside *_* It's a sign of ill health when a cat stops bathing himself.

If you really wanna wash him, you can try the kitty wipes that they have at the pet store. Of course he probably won't like those

I've heard you can also put kitty in the shower, but this only works if you have an actual shower stall, not just a shower curtain over a tub.

I have one cat that lets me bathe her and another that would slit my throat in the night if I even thought about trying. She wins that argument
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, aka "The Nefrinator"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

GillianO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GillianO

Can you brush her?
Unread 10-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

If you cat is leaving dirt, she has fleas. Cats are very clean animals unless they are sick, or have gotten into something nasty, and generally do not need to be bathed by humans.

You need to treat your cat with frontline plus, or revolution, or advantage multi for at least six months (if she is an inoodr cat) or forever, if your cat goes outside.

Please don't use over the counter flea products as they can kill your cat. get your frontline plus at the vet.
Unread 10-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

by the way, if she is that infested, you might want to get a flea comb, and even after treatment with the spot on, comb fleas off of her and kill them.

Better yet, take her to the vet for a check up, and ask for a capstar tablet. This will instantly kill all the adult fleas. Then, the frontline plus will kill the eggs that are laid on her, and any other fleas that jump on her from living in your carpet and upholstery.
Unread 10-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

PPersian is on a distinguished road

I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future posts, but I have one idea that when we give a bath to our dog we have wear the safe cloths to safe our body from the dog germs which are not good for our body..

|
|
Unread 11-04-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

lauryn tom is on a distinguished road

i think most cats are afraid of water that is why it's really hard to convince them to take a bath.. they know how to clean themselves by licking their claws and paws... but of course not enough to clean them

Unread 11-04-2009   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

He's probably bothered by his fleas or ticks. Take him to the vet. Try some cat bathing motivators. Give your cat a couple of yummy cat treats during bath time.

Tags
adult , age , bath , carpet , cat , cats , claws , clean , dog , fleas , frontline , health , hey , interesting , kitty , licking , night , pet , sick , suggestions , vet , wash , water

Sponsored Cat Links