It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road
Default Zipper the little witch!

Zipper is still having a hard time adjusting to the babies and although she shows signs of wanting to play with Liam and Darby she still growls and hisses at them. Its frustrating me as I know how she got on with Oscar and I can tell she wants to engage but when?????? I know about the Felway plug ins but they are a little pricey to put into all the rooms she goes into. What about the spray stuff? Yes she gets positive reinforcement everytime she dosnt growl etc. we make a big deal about it with her and give her lots of TLC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi MJ - sorry to hear that Zipper is still not accepting the little ones, it must be so frustrating. I can't offer any help - luckily when I introduced Sasha to Pixie they got on immediately.

But slow as it may be it sounds like progress is being made - maybe you could try what Gail has suggested before, trying to mix their scents so they each smell of each other, ie by rubbing Liam and Darby with a cloth and then rubbing Zipper with it and vice versa?

Have you got any more pics of the babies?

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Aw, sorry to hear they're not getting on as well as you'd like. Is she hissing & growling all the time? Ripley still often hisses & grumbles at Newt and we've had her over two years.
Unread 10-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

She does it most of the time but she sometimes engages in play at the same time and so I think she wants to play but doesnt know how to turn that part off. I tryed the towel thing and rubbing scents on each other, I tried the vanilla trick etc. I'll try to attach the newest pictures onto this message. It was taken the 24th of Sept. I had just come back from shopping and had put my bags on the bed to take out the clothes I had purchased and Darby decided he wanted in first and then Liam said Oh that looks like fun.

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

Unread 10-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

They are so cute! Utterly adorable! You're not properly dressed unless your clothes have cat hairs on them!!!
Hopefully Zipper will learn to play with her new friends without grumbling!
Ripley is an exceptionally grumpy creature, her & Newt like to play-chase each other round the house then she will suddenly decide she's had enough and smack Newt on the nose. Poor Newt, she doesn't seem bothered by it though. She's learned her big sister is a grump & loves her anyway.
Unread 10-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

PPersian is on a distinguished road

wow this is so myterious! I liked the story and I wil share it with my friends, think they will lied it so much as I did. Indeed I gave the link to you post to some of them and they are now your constant readers!

Last edited by PPersian; 10-07-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Unread 10-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Don't worry, MJ. Give Zipper more time. Sometimes, older cats don't accept the new arrivals as quick as we would like to be. Pls be patient!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj29 View Post
She does it most of the time but she sometimes engages in play at the same time and so I think she wants to play but doesnt know how to turn that part off. I tryed the towel thing and rubbing scents on each other, I tried the vanilla trick etc. I'll try to attach the newest pictures onto this message. It was taken the 24th of Sept. I had just come back from shopping and had put my bags on the bed to take out the clothes I had purchased and Darby decided he wanted in first and then Liam said Oh that looks like fun.
Oh, they are just adorable MJ And don't they ALL love bags!!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 11-18-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Zipper being the lady she is has decided that when she wants to play she will but is still hissing and growling especially at Darby who is in my opinion a little s**t disturber. He will chase her and when she stops to belt him one will stand on his back legs and smack her back. Liam and Darby won't leave her tail alone and she REALLY doesn't like her tail touched unless its me. The only time they will stand side by side is when its treat giving time.

Unread 11-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

They are stunning MJ, my Finn loves bags too. Dylan is petrified of them though. xxxxx

Tags
adorable , babies , cat , cats , cute , eyes , friends , fun , growling , growls , hey , hiding , hissing , house , love , nose , opinion , pictures , play , shopping , smell , story , worry

Sponsored Cat Links