It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

BethelAbba is on a distinguished road
Default Pregnancy questions

This weekend my wife and I were at a night market near Taipei 101 in Taiwan and amazingly someone had a cat with them and a "FREE" sign on it. Talking to the lady, we found that she regularly rescues cats & dogs (she had a puppy with her as well), cleans them up, and finds them new owners. She actually has a vet who works with her, giving the animals she finds initial shots and check-overs. (she provided paperwork from the vet showing te work)

The cat was very calm, considering all the noise of the crowd, and a few minutes spent petting it convinced me that it would be a welcome partner to our present "rescued-from-the-wild" Shou Hoo (Little Tiger). I also noticed that her stomach was large and firm, like she might be pregnant. The lady denies it, but the 24 hours we've spent with Bi Bee (White Nose) has only solidified my concerns. She is smallish, so I would say probably only 4 / 5 months old at best. (Shou hoo is 6/7)

Sooooo questions:

I know from research that her nipples will turn pink after 21 days of pregnancy, but that hasn't happened. Her stomach is very pronounced / distended and firm. She doesn't like to be picked up for very long (I assume because the pregnancy) but she purrs and purrs and purrs when you show her any attention whatsoever. (She slept next to me all night last night and would reposition herself so that my hand was always nearby.) What is a "dead giveaway" for early pregnancy in cats?

As well --- what's the best way to train an olderish cat / kitten to use a litterbox? She's eating well enough (she's eating ALOT!!!) and drinking, but thus far I have never seen her poo, and her only pee was nowhere near the box where it belongs. Please --- this one I have no clue on and it's important for us to know.

As for her and Shou hoo, right now they are in seperate rooms, curious about one another but still at the paw / claw / hissing stage. Shou Hoo paces the doorway where she's at and purrs at this point --- it'll only be a week or so before they should be ok enough with one another to spend supervised visits. Any tips here would be welcome as well.

thanks --- & Irene, you'll love Bi Bee if you ever get to meet her, she's quite a serene little kitty.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello to you, Bi Bee & Shou Hoo (what lovely names!)
I'm sorry but I don't have any experience of pregnant cats but I noticed you'd not yet had a reply & I'm hoping someone else who can help will see this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi, I think you should take Bi Bee to the vets dear.
Even though she can get pregnant, she is really young to be pregnant.
Please get her spayed ASAP.
Has she been wormed? xxxxx

Tags
age , calm , cat , cats , dogs , eating , found , free , hey , hissing , kitten , kitty , litterbox , love , night , nose , paw , pee , pet , poo , pregnancy , pregnant , present , puppy , question , spayed , tips , vet , wild

Sponsored Cat Links