It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Fine
dollydaft is on a distinguished road
Default Kitten advice, please help, as I'm really worried

We have recently adopted 2 adorable kittens, whom we have named, Lilly and Molly, they are 7 week old sisters.

Lilly is the smaller of the two, and its Lilly I am worried about. (they have appointment to see vet tomorrow afternoon,)

They arrived on Sat 17 Oct, just a few days ago, and up till now, have been really playful, funny cuddly and mischeif making, and they have of course been wonderful.

Today all they have done is sleep, especially Lilly, she hasn't pooped today either,,,then again she has barely eaten....They have a constant supply of fresh water 24/7, but Lilly wasnt that interested today, (she did have a few wee licks at it.)

I out out some Whiskas Kitten milk, and she did get a good drink of milk, so she has had some fluids today.

Phoned the vet and was told to bring them both in tomorow afternoon, I'm so worried, I doubt I'll sleep tonight, till I know they are alright.

I hope I'm worrying over nothing, and this is normal, but its been over 20yrs, since I brought up a kitten, and I can't remember this happening before.

These two little girls have got us rapped round their tiny paws, and it would break my heart, should anything bad happen to either of them.

My husband thinks, I'm worried because a few weeks ago, we lost our 15yr old puppydog, and I admit, part of this could be, that I cant bear to see another beloved pet ill.

Any help advice you could offer, would be very much appreciated, Thank you for taking the time to read this...please help xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0003.jpg (91.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0004.jpg (88.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0009.jpg (84.6 KB, 5 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Not wanting to scare you, but my concern would be a blockage of some kind. Meaning she ate something she should not have. Could she have eaten a string or thread? Small toy? Kittens can go downhill so fast, I'm not sure I would be willing to wait until tomorrow if it's already been 24 hours since Lilly has eaten.

It's the not eating/not pooping that troubles me. If it weren't for that I'd probably say they are just being normal kittens, running running running, then sleeping very hard to regain all the energy.

Hopefully someone with more kitten knowledge will be in soon. I am usually chosen by adult cats and have not had a kitten in the house in over 10 years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Hello

We weren't willing to wait till tomorrow, either so we bundled both kittens into the car, and took them to the vets, and asked if they could fit us in, cheeky I know, but we were lucky, one of the vets had a cancellation at 4.35 this evening.

Vet says both kittens have normal temp, are not dehydrated and they are a good weight for their size, as a precaution, they were both given an antibiotic to help guard against, *fading kitten syndrome,*

The vet said they have lovely coats, and look healthy......I just hate seeing them so tired/listless, its been at least 20 years since I had a kitten, so its like starting from scratch...(no pun intended.)

When we came home, I put some more kitten food out, and although they didn't eat much they did eat some, which can only be a good thing, they are sleeping again.

Its going to be a long night, we have decided to stay up, and watch them closely, just in case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0008.jpg (90.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0009.jpg (92.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0010.jpg (92.1 KB, 5 views)
Unread 10-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

They are both so adorable.
You are bound to worry seeing as you're starting all over.
I was told by a vetinary nurse a few years ago, that while kittens are sleeping, that is when they're growing.
It was certainly true for my big boy Bolan.
He slept the most, and he certainly is the biggest.
Have a good night watching your babies, give them a hug from me. xxxxx
Unread 10-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I'm glad the vet found nothing wrong. Perhaps all the excitement of their new home and all the attention has just tired them out.
They are both so adorable, such lovely little faces.
Unread 10-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I too, hope all is well with the babies - they are such cute little girls - can you give us an update?

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 10-22-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

GOOD MORNING

Well its 6am, and the babies are playing, the game is called run round the bedroom, and play chase.
They had a sleep on our bed...and are at the moment running around
and they have deposited stinky wee parcels in the litter tray, which has of course been changed.
I am so relieved, and happy to see them playing, yesterday I was so worried, because they were so lethargic, especially Lilly, what a difference this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0005.jpg (92.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0011.JPG (80.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0007.jpg (97.8 KB, 6 views)
Unread 10-22-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

thanks for the happy update!

they are so cute and inseparable! So tiny. I would have guessed 6 weeks at the most. What happened to their mama?
Unread 10-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear things are looking up, they are so sweet I could look at pics of them all day

Gail they are 7 weeks old, it's at the top of the thread, the adoption of Molly and Lilly was planned, it was in one of Dollys earlier threads

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 10-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

Molly and Lilly's, mammy had her first litter at just 6 months old, (too young...still a Kitten herself)
That first litter were only about 12~14 weeks old, when Meesha concieved the second litter, (Molly, Lilly, and another wee boy and wee girl are litter number two.)
as you can guess Meesha is very young, to have had 2 litters, especially so close together.

Meesha has a very placid temprament...Molly and Lilly's dad, well he's a stray, meaning Molly and Lilly were born with flea's.
They no longer have flea's, Meesha's human had that dealt with early on, and our own vet confirmed they have no fleas, worms or anything else, lol.

The woman who belongs to Molly and Lillys feline mum, isnt a bad person, She loves Meesha, and Meesha is very close/loving towards her human, I think this human just didnt think to get her cat neutered before allowing her out.

She cant afford to keep all these cats, so is only going to keep the mum, and get her neutered asap.
She is giving the kittens away, but she is doing all she can to make sure they get good homes.

when Molly and Lilly were brought here on the 17th, their mammy, (Meesha,)Brother Charlie, and sister Nikki were here too, (for a visit.)
I've attached a Picture of Meesha, sitting on my armchair, and one of Molly, Lilly and their sister and brother, asleep on a blanket, on my living room floor.

Our vet suspects, that Molly and Lilly, might be slightly younger, than we think, but he says its hard to tell, for certain, so we'll go with 7 weeks.

I have arranged with our vet, that over the next few weeks/months, Molly and Lilly will be vaccinated, have regular kitten checks, and will at 6~7 months they will be neutered. They are also going to be microchipped. They will be housecats, but sometimes even housecats, wander out, when someone forgets to close a door, so every precaution to help make sure they come home again, will be taken.

The first photo is of Molly and Lilly, 20 min after they arrived here, asleep on a blanket with their siblings. Molly is the only awake kitten at the far end...Molly is nosey and will fight sleep for as long as possible, when tired...its as ifshe doesn't want to miss anything.

The second photo, is of their mother Meesha, sitting on my chair.

And the third is Molly and Lilly, again in our living room, sharing one of their bed with their two litter mates.
Lilly and Molly, have a bed each but prefer to share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0005.jpg (89.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0009.jpg (97.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0014.jpg (83.7 KB, 5 views)

Tags
adopted , adoption , adorable , adult , advice , aggressive , antibiotic , art , babies , beautiful , boy , car , cat , cats , changed , claws , color , cute , eating , fast , found , fun , funny , game , girl , happy , health , hey , home , house , hurt , kitten , kitten food , kittens , listless , lost , new home , night , not eating , pet , play , playing , problems , siblings , sleeping , small , spayed , vet , weaned , worry

Sponsored Cat Links