It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

barcelonababe22 is on a distinguished road
Default kitten advice please!

I just got an adorable new kitten. Now I am not a cat person- and I don't know how to make her stop scratching and biting me! I just want her to be sweet and cuddly but she just stalks me and hunts me all the time!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

HyperSaurusRex is on a distinguished road

Mine do that. I just got 2 kittens a week ago. They don't stalk me as much though, because there is another one to play with. Have you considered getting a second kitten to be the firsts playmate? It seems to be helping with mine-they're more likely to cuddle me since they've already gotten their 'hyper' out on each other. They will grow out of the hyper 'must hunt you now' phase though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cheerful
tigger481971 is on a distinguished road

May I ask how old the kitten is? Kitten are learning everything they need to know during the last weeks they spend with their mum. That's why it's best to leave them with their mother till the 10th to 12th week.
If you play with him and he starts scratching you, just call out loud "Au" and stop playing. Then he learns that there won't be fun if he scratches or bit.
But definately..... I agree that you should take a second kitten.
Unread 05-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi--I agree with the two others--kittens do MUCH better in pairs. It's actually EASIER to care for two then it is to care for one kitten. And please don't take this wrong, but, if you are not a cat person, then why did you get a kitten? I got two kittens last October, and not knowing much about them, I got a book called "Kittens for Dummies". It was very informative. Actually I had only gotten one kitten, and then I read the book, and the following week I got the second kitten. Especially if you are out working all day--then you DEFINITELY need a second one. It isn't fair to the cat to be home alone all day.

Tags
adorable , advice , biting , book , care , cat , fun , hey , home , home alone , hyper , informative , kitten , kittens , new kitten , person , play , playing , scratching , stop

Sponsored Cat Links