It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Caki_Nanu is on a distinguished road
Angry Emergency helpppppp!!!

I am really mad and sad and extremely confused! i need opinions about a SERIOUS MATTER!
One of my friends (on facebook) has posted pictures from one of her anatomy classes!...there are 3 pictures where they SKIN CATS! (it doesnt seem to be alive but it does have a gag in his mouth, so either the professor or the students killed it)
and since i already graduated college and know what is accepted (etc), as well as having a brother who is a professor (not in her university)
In a few of the comments i read that the professor takes stray cats, kills them (im not sure how) and then uses them for his classes!!
i asked my brother if this is legal! he said absolutely NOT!!!
NY universities do not use cats, dogs, bird, etc for anatomy classes for a 4 year basic college degree!!...(they only use rats and frogs)
I've never been to that university (but i do know where it is)
and i dont know the name of the professor...is there anything i can do to make this madman stop!!
i tried asking my friend the name/time of the class..but she wont tell me more than anatomy cuz she fears her professors reputation!
if hes doing this with one class, chances are hes doing it for his other anatomy classes as well, AND for each semester in the school year!
I have pictures! i want to post them but i fear its not appropriate for some people?
im shaking at the moment thinking of this psychopath being paid by the government to teach students such terrible disgusting things!!!!
what would you do??? please help!

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo Da Vinci
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I'd somehow report this to the government or police. It's disturbing and I'm surprised nobody else has reported this (from that class).

I just found out a few weeks ago that in the Philippines they dissect cats in school instead of frogs. It's very upsetting.

Please don't post the pictures.
Unread 11-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Maybe you should start by contacting the college itself telling them you are aware that this is going on and that you will be reporting the college to the police and animal welfare organisations. I am sure that they will not want the adverse publicity this will create & they may be able to put an end to it.
As Katrine says please do not post pictures on here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Caki_Nanu is on a distinguished road
Angry

thank you guys for responding so quickly!
i did talk to the police as well as the university, both departments told me i needed to have proof as well as the name and class number of that professor,
(the police also want his name and a picture of him handling the cats!)
like i said before, she wont give me his name or the name of the class, but i do have the pictures from her class! (even though hes not in in, only she is)

i WONT post the pictures, i cried after seeing them BELIEVE me!!

i'm still so heart-broken and confused

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo Da Vinci
Unread 05-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

HyperSaurusRex is on a distinguished road

I have dissected cats before in some of my anatomy classes. They were from vets and shelters that had to be euthanized. It's sad and uncomfortable, but it was a learning experience. Have you asked your brother if he knows where the cats came from? They may have come from a legitimate source.
Unread 05-14-2010   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

The school and police can find out what class your friend is in since the school has the records. I would contact the local newspaper and television stations and let them know what is going on. That is horrible. Thank you for taking the time to do something about this.
Unread 05-25-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Mellow
Miss Tallulah is on a distinguished road

Heartbreaking as it may be...in the state of CA, this is a legitimate specimen for many Anatomy & Physiology classes.

I would be seriously surprised if any ethical professor would consider securing his own inventory of specimens as you suggested...unless he has little concern for the future of his career.

This is something definitely worth investigating and I'd encourage you to take all the necessary steps to prove or disprove this allegation.
Unread 06-14-2010   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default report it to the right authorities

There must be anti animal abuse organizations somewhere locally,nationally,and internationally that'll help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangy View Post
There must be anti animal abuse organizations somewhere locally,nationally,and internationally that'll help you.
don't be affraid or discouraged be persistant!.

Tags
animal , art , cats , color , dogs , facebook , found , friends , hey , legal , mat , picture , pictures , sad , shelters , stop , stray , television , uncomfortable , upset

Sponsored Cat Links