It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

artistgayle is on a distinguished road
Default Needs Help! And Advice!

Hey all it's been a little while since I've been on the forum sorry between work and getting little kilo fixed I just haven't been able to get onto the internet

Well here is my problem my 7 month old kitten Kilo has recently been fixed (I would say a week or 2 ago) we've had problems with him waking us up at 5am-7am in the mornings before that but now it just seems to have gotten worst we've tried to keep him awake all or most of the day thinking maybe he'll sleep through the night but now even when he's awake he just constantly yawls and meows it sounds a lot like cat calling which our female did a year earlier before we got her fixed, but I wasn't aware that male cats even cat called..then there is the fact that our little bundle of joy is deaf

my theory on the matter is he just enjoys the feeling of the vibrations of his voice and thinks it's fun to do all the time only thing is since he's deaf he can't hear how loud he actually is and I really don't think he understands why it's such a problem.

I love my little guy and I'm a little more tolerant to things like this however my boyfriend has been getting steadily aggitated by the excessive meowing

is there anything I can do to help teach my deaf cat it's not acceptable to meow at all hours of the night?

This is my first time ever having an animal that is deaf or blind or anything so it's a learning experience for me.

There has got to be a way of getting through to him

Any help guys?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hello, I just saw your post and that you hadn't had any replies which is a shame, I've no experience of this and perhaps no-one else has either.

You nay have already had advice elsewhere - but I found this site which has some tips and advice Good luck!

Deaf cat meows all NIGHT! HELP!!!?

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

sweet0914 is on a distinguished road

wow this is a really hard question. I think you may be right though you cat might like the feel of his voice since he can't hear. Your vet may be able to give you a sleeping medicine so your cat will know it's bed time. You might also consider getting your cat a toy as a playmate.. like one of those baby that viberate.. Good luck.

Tags
advice , animal , baby , boyfriend , cat , cats , female , fixed , found , fun , hey , image , joy , kitten , love , mat , needs help , night , problem , problems , question , sleep , sleeping , tips , vet

Sponsored Cat Links