It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-30-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

LilyVonShtupp is on a distinguished road
Question Leaving for Six Months

I have to leave the country for six to eight months and don't know what to do for my cat. A friend has offered to visit her in my home every couple of days while I'm gone but I think that much time alone will make her go crazy. I don't live near any family and she wore out her welcome at the one home that volunteered to take care of her. Would it be better to put her in boarding or to get another cat to keep her company at home? Also, getting a second cat will complicate things down the road seeing as I will have to move across the country shortly after my return to the states. If any one has a better idea of what will be best for my kitty, please help me make the right decision. I only want to do what's best for her while I'm gone. Please help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Perhaps you could bring your cat with you? I think that's what I would do, if I had to be gone for more than 2 months. Just check the airline company, some allow you to bring your pets (thank you, Irene for teaching me this btw).
Unread 12-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I also agree, but it does depend on which country you are going to, you would need to check on whether or not you have to put the kitty in quarentine or not.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I thiiiiink any country would be fine. I wish Irene was here to fill in more information. She told me that a friend of hers used to take her kitties from Europe to Asia occasionally and it was no problem.
Unread 12-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I believe that Australia are very strict with their quarentine policies, and for Britain you need a passport which requires six months, owing to needing to make sure that the animal has been vacinated against Rabies and it needs six months for this!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!

Tags
animal , another cat , care , cat , crazy , family , home , kitties , kitty , problem , rabies

Sponsored Cat Links