It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-10-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

TLE613 is on a distinguished road
Question Litterbox help

I currently have 2 of my barn cats in the house because they are both sick with an upper respiratory infection and it's just way too cold for them to stay out in the barn while they are sick. I keep a litter box in the barn, but only some of the cats use it. I brought that litterbox into the house and put it in the room where I'm keeping the cats right now, but so far neither of them have used it (or gone to the bathroom anywhere else, for that matter). Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get them to use the litterbox while they are inside?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-11-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Anybody??? The cats are holding in rather than using the litter box. One of them has been holding in for more than 24 hours, and the other is now nearing the 24 hour mark! Any suggestions would be appreciated...please!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-11-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Where do they normally go? You say that only some of the cats use the box so they maybe the ones that don't use it, I would take them back out to the barn for about 15 to 30 minutes, stay with them, and see if they 'go' otherwise things could get really bad for them, they just may not like the box. If they don't go then you may have to take them to the vet's to see if he/she can help!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 01-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

get some dirt from the barn and put it in the litter boxes (over the litter) so they have a better idea of what to use them for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-11-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

They eventually gave up trying to hold in and they both finally used the litter box before I left for work this morning.
Unread 01-11-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

maggiemay is on a distinguished road

That is great news, now that they have used it once they hopefully use it again!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!

Tags
box , cats , cold , great , hey , house , infection , litter , litter box , litter boxes , litterbox , mat , morning , sick , suggestions , upper respiratory , vet

Sponsored Cat Links