It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

lluscious is on a distinguished road
Default need help re worming

hi i was just wondering i wormed my kitten and cat with exelpet all wormer paste then i read on the net that it may not work just wondering if i can use drontal if so how quickly can i use it after using exelpet thanks in advance for help hugs lluscious
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

shuranda is on a distinguished road

What kind of worms are involved? Some worms are extremely easy to get rid of even after 1 dose of medication. For instance, tape worms can be killed with a pill / capsule and then flushed out with a phenythaline laxative. Other worms are very difficult to get rid of such as heartworms in dogs.
Many de-worming medications kill several different kinds of worms, but make sure the medication you get is effective on the type of worms you are dealing with.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

hi thanks for your reply its just tapeworm i am trying to get rid of and it says on the exelpet all wormer paste that it controls roundworms hookworms and tapeworms see i have never used this product before i have always used drontal but i had to buy this exelpet from the supermarket as the pet shops and vets were closed i'm not even sure the product works oh well i guess time will tell hugs lluscious
Unread 01-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Got Worms?

What makes you think your cat has worms? You see them? are they mobile? are they segmented? what do they look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluscious View Post
hi i was just wondering i wormed my kitten and cat with exelpet all wormer paste then i read on the net that it may not work just wondering if i can use drontal if so how quickly can i use it after using exelpet thanks in advance for help hugs lluscious
Unread 01-18-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

ok i know this is going to sound really gross but my kitten was lying on me and then all of sudden i saw a white thing om my pants and it was moving i looked it up and it looked like a bit of a tapeworm i haven't seen any since i wormed it but i haven't had the kitten near me either so it could still have them thanks for your help hugs lluscious
Unread 01-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Tapeworms are very easy to get rid of. You probably won't need to spend a fortune by going to your vet. Pet stores carry de-worming stuff. Dogs get tapeworms a lot from eating poo and licking at fleas, etc. Cats get tapeworms because they lick themselves a lot. Tapeworms can be transmitted between cats, dogs, and humans. They aren't really dangerous, just gross and irritating. Other worms ARE dangerous.

Tags
cat , cats , dogs , eating , fleas , hey , kitten , licking , moving , pet , pill , poo , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links