It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

childofthesea is on a distinguished road
Default Behavior problem - any advice?

I have three neutered males. The oldest is almost five, the middle one is two and a half, and the youngest is about to turn two. They get along very well and seem to love each other, except for one problem.

The two oldest boys pick on the youngest from time to time, but the middle cat has developed a bad habit of pulling out the fur on the back of the youngest. So, my poor baby has a big bald spot on his back. Of course, when I catch them in the act, I scold the one who is pulling out the fur, but when we're not home he gets away with it. I know it is probably a dominance thing, but do any of you have experience with something like this or advice on how I can stop it? I don't know how I can stop it when we're not at home 24 hours a day to keep an eye on them. Thanks for your help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-08-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a difficult problem to solve, I've heard of cats pulling out their own fur - but not other cats. It probably is a dominance thing as you say - but it's hard to change a habit. Your youngest cat will possibly always behave in a more submissive way regardless of his age because that is how he has developed.

I even googled this to see if there were any other examples but I couldn't find any. I can only trot out the usual mantra - you could ask your vet?

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

quicksliver is on a distinguished road

It is very difficult situation i am very sorry to hear about it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 03-25-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

jjphoenix is on a distinguished road

could you seperate them when you are not there?
Unread 06-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default Wisest idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjphoenix View Post
could you seperate them when you are not there?
It's vey wise and logical idea,Quite frankly,I once got stuck for a long time with two cats,it was years ago,I love them,but ...realistically speaking one cat is more then enough,there are a lot of responsibility issues involved,not to mention the costly ones.(such as vet,food etc.).

Tags
advice , age , baby , behavior , cat , cats , dominance , eye , food , fur , hey , home , love , problem , stop , vet

Sponsored Cat Links