It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Mellow
JackTheKat is on a distinguished road
Default HE-E-E-LP!! Boris is peeing in the house!

I don't get it..!! To cut a long story short. Boris, an outdoor cat since kittenhood, has cat flu and today the vet put him on antibiotics and suggested I keep him in the house. He can't be de-sexed until he is well.

So, after lounging around all afternoon, he decided to take a giant pee next to the wall unit in the dining room. I have a litter box in the kitchen... and also, I spent some time this afternoon filling a large, low, tray-like box with some earth and dead leaves from the back yard to make him feel at home (It's about 4 inches deep). The next thing I see is 'his majesty' relieving himself on the dining room floor.

Any ideas how to introduce Boris to a litter tray. I have already placed him in it to show him where it is but I guess old habits die hard.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-02-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Never mind. After a little soul searching and Boris' cow-eyed looks of displeasure at being a "prisoner", I have decided to take the "Que Sera Sera" approach and let him out. When he comes in for food this morning, I'll give him his medication.. if he doesn't turn up for a day or so, he can have his antibiotic when she finally does show. Boris is a free spirit... he is happier that way and I feel guilty trying to stifle him. He's a hardy little bugger and I'm sure he'll be okay.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-14-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheKat View Post
Never mind. After a little soul searching and Boris' cow-eyed looks of displeasure at being a "prisoner", I have decided to take the "Que Sera Sera" approach and let him out. When he comes in for food this morning, I'll give him his medication.. if he doesn't turn up for a day or so, he can have his antibiotic when she finally does show. Boris is a free spirit... he is happier that way and I feel guilty trying to stifle him. He's a hardy little bugger and I'm sure he'll be okay.
It appear to me that this cat was peeing as a results of anxiety,due to changes,however ,it's important to be aware that outside environment pose certain risks to cats,anywhere from toxin in the environment inc. certain chewable plants, to other animals,or cats, to being run over etc. I 'm not trying to scare you,but I lost a cat ,which I attributed it to her being happy and outside.other folks too.
Unread 06-21-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Thank you for replying..

..but no, Boris is not anxious. He is a very happy cat. It's just that old habits die hard and, being a semi-stray, he was never litter trained. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of a litter box, but I think he may be coming around to it. I am fully aware of the dangers "out there" and try to minimize his outdoor activities. You see, the more I try to imprison him, the more he tries to run outside... so we have reached a compromise. Thankfully, after his being desexed, he spends more time indoors and I'm hoping that this habit will continue as he gets older.

Tags
antibiotic , antibiotics , anxiety , box , cat , cats , cut , desexed , environment , food , free , happy , home , house , jack , litter , litter box , lost , morning , outdoor , pee , peeing , story , stray , vet

Sponsored Cat Links