It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

bobingi is on a distinguished road
Default Fat Cat

Now that our rescued cat Frosty has settled in and become part of the family, my long term Snuggles has started eating Frosty's food and drinking Frosty's water, in addition to his own feeding station, and he is getting .... LARGE! They are both Maine Coons, and basically the same size. Snuggy is now 18 lbs, versus Frosty at 10. How do I prevent Snugs from invading Frosty's food, because Frosty doesnt always finished his off right away? I am trying to imagine what success just one station would be, since there would never be anything left for Frosty to eat!! Help!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-09-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

IloveRayna is on a distinguished road
Smile

Maybe the best way to handle the problem is to feed your cats at specific times of each day. Feed them both in their own separate stations. If there is any food left in either bowl, put it back in the container you hold their food in. Do this feeding every 3 hours or so, and there will be no competition for the food. As for the water, if you just keep both of the bowls full at all times it shouldn't be an issue if they drink each others water; hydration is good no matter whose bowl it comes from
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-09-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I completely agree with the above ^^
Unread 04-12-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I agree also but instead of putting food back into the containers it came from I would put into a resealable bag as I would be afraid of mold contaminating the other stuff as there would possibly be some saliva left on the leftover food in the bowl. Just a thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!

Tags
addition , cat , cats , eating , family , food , hey , mat , problem , water

Sponsored Cat Links