It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-02-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
Hannah's Mom is on a distinguished road
Default New house

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could help me here. My cat, Hannah, has always been a little more anti-social than other cats I have had. I am really the only one she likes and she is afraid of everything! I have had her since she was 10 weeks old so I can't imagine anything life scarring happened to her before I got her? Anyways, we just moved 2 weeks ago and she has barely come out from under the bed! I don't know what to do!? She is eating and drinking pretty normal, but I am worried about her. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Kristi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-02-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

She just needs time to adjust to her new surroundings.. She's probably out exploring while you're asleep, and once she gets to know where she's at, she'll be a little better off. It will just take a little time, don't try to force her out as that will likely not help.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-03-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hi Kristi, Brandon's right, you just need to give Hannah time to settle in.
Hannah sound similar to one of my cats Ripley. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old and I know the people I got her from well so I know nothing 'happened' to her, she just hates any sort of change. She freaked out recently when we got a new washing machine!
Don't worry, just let her adjust in her own time. She'll make herself at home before long.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-09-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cheeky
imperialfelines is an unknown quantity at this point

like others have said, just give her some time.

I do have one other comment though... you said "I have had her since she was 10 weeks old so I can't imagine anything life scarring happened to her before I got her?"

you could be right, but I have known many many cats that have desided the way they are going ot be for the rest of there lives in the first 8-10 weeks of life. For example I have had 8-10 week old Feral kittens that had never had human contact for the first 8-10 weeks of there life and there are mean as all hell.

After awhile they will be more friendly, but for the rest of there lives you can tell the differance in them. No mater how loving they get, or no mater how much they trust you, they still have that WILD inside them.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-10-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
allykat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to allykat

Hello,
Make sure she has some of her familar surrondings from your old house. Maybe a rug or or blanket she used to lay on. Cats are very funny when they are moved. They are very territorial and the more familiar the new house the better she will adjust. Like everyone else said give it time and do not force her. Also give her lots of praise and a treat when she does come out.

Good luck!
Connie Edwards

Tags
advice , cat , cats , eating , feral , friendly , fun , funny , great , hey , home , house , kittens , loving , social , territorial , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links