It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-23-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

dm9fe is on a distinguished road
Default eating too much

I have 8 month kitten..7 1/2 lbs. male..neutered..no parasites. he has never had a firm stool...and i have noticed that dry food makes him throw up. for the last month he has been getting 4-6 pouches of food..fish..or cut up baked chicken/turkey. all of this stays down...but 5 min.after eating he follows me around whining for more food. he doesn't play much anymore because he is constantly looking for food. he attacks his bowl and gobbles down his food like a dog. he is never full. Is he absorbing his food at all?? I don't see him drink much water. he is constantly under foot in the kitchen whining for food. HELP!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

john12345 is on a distinguished road
Question organic food to use for my cats.

I have been using “Organic Dog Food” (healthychoiceorganic.com)for my dog, and I found it beneficial for my two dogs. Not sure what organic food to use for my cats.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-28-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

If your kitten is eating four to six pouches of food a day, and not gaining weight, there is most definitely something wrong, and he needs to see a vet as soon as possible.

Four to six pouches of food a day is a huge amount of food, even for a 8 month old kitten.

He probably does have a parasite, they don't always show up in fecal floats, though you should bring a stool sample in to the appointment, he has all the signs (no weight gain, excessive hunger, soft stool)

Often a course of fllagyl (Metronidazole) is prescribed in these cases.

Welcome to the forum, and please do take your kitten to the vet. Let us know what happens.

PS pouch foods are about 75% water and most cats don't drink much on a wet food diet, so that is not something to worry about. But the constant begging and excessive appetite is.

Tags
cats , cut , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , found , hey , kitten , male , play , turkey , vet , water , weight , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links