It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-28-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Dakotasmom is on a distinguished road
Default what can we do>

We have brought this up to the vet, who i return has told us....its normal....but, I do not think it is.....our cat, Dakota, who is 4, will eat, and 80% of the time, will vomit it up. We changed cat food(vets instructions) to a Tummy Sensitive food, but the same happens. I have started only putting a few kibbles in her bowl, seems to work....so i end up feeding her(cause she will come and get me)....like 20xx a day.....AND then there are days when it will not work.......confused........Deb
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
courtney&griffin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to courtney&griffin Send a message via twitter to courtney&griffin

It could be hairballs. They can sometimes be big enough that they won't come out on their own & they need veterinary intervention. May also be worms. If he/she hasn't been checked for them yet, you may want to suggest it. She/he may just be eating too fast also. You may want to try sticking a couple medium sized stones that are too big for her mouth in her food. It'll slow down her eating process. Another thing you can do, is to have her fast for 24 hours with water only, then spoon feed her LIVE yogurt. The natural cultures are good for upset tummys. Best of luck with your baby!

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns
something he can learn in no other way."
- Mark Twain
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-28-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Dakotasmom is on a distinguished road
Default thank you

Thank you so much for the advice.....she has been checked for worms....all is ok there......i will try the stone thingy, as well as yogurt.....i do think the eating too fast may be the problem as well...thanks again!!!
Unread 07-28-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
courtney&griffin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to courtney&griffin Send a message via twitter to courtney&griffin

No problem at all. Again, best of luck! Let me know how it turns out

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns
something he can learn in no other way."
- Mark Twain
Unread 07-29-2010   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I recommend changing her to a canned food diet. Do it gradually of course, but you can still schedule feed, in fact it's easy to schedule feed canned food.

My cats eat 6 times a day. They get fed in three small portions in the morning (over a period of about an hour to an hour and a half) and the same in the evening, saving the last serving for before bedtime.

Plus serving canned, I can add a little water to the food. This has many benefits: Slows kitty down (drinking water while eating the canned food) fills kitty up more, and gets more water into kitty. win-win!

Tags
advice , baby , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , changed , diet , eating , fast , food , hey , kitty , morning , natural , problem , small , upset , vet , vomit , water

Sponsored Cat Links