It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Chilicookoff is on a distinguished road
Default Hope I didn't hurt him.

I made the mistake of using a dose of Sentry squeeze on flea goop on my kitten and now I am freaking out. It was on him for about 1.5 hours before I tried to wash it off. I used some hand soap and warm water. I know some must have absorbed into his skin. He is licking and scratching excessively. I read horror stories about liver and kidney disease, and seizures, foaming at the mouth, confusion, ... Seems odd that a pet store would suggest this item.
Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Bored
Pheobe Treats is on a distinguished road

If you are conserned it might be a good idea to phone a vet or to call an emergency animal hospital at the very least it might put your mind at ease..

Wish you the best.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I agree. Call your vet right away. That stuff, as you may realize by now, has killed many kittens. Call your vet right away.

<edit>Oh. I just noticed, this post is four weeks old. Wow, I'm sorry I didn't see it at the time. Actually it may have been the title that scared me off and why I didn't read it. There are some sickos around.

thanks phoebetreat for bumping it up. Hope the OP comes back and lets us know how the kitten is

Last edited by acerlt; 09-27-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: to add

Tags
animal , flea medication , hurt , kitten , kittens , licking , mistake , pet , scared , scratching , stories , suggestions , vet , wash , water

Sponsored Cat Links