It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
Newborn

mookie is on a distinguished road
Default BM spot on dewormer warning- revolution

Hi there, to all of you!

I have come across this on Google as I have EXACTLY the same problem as TJ2010 and exactly the same doubts as some othere here with reagrds to OTC pet meds. In actual fact that is why I registered with this forum!

The reason I am considering other than the usual high end drugs on the amrket normally prescribed by the vet is, that my cat had extremely bad reactions to the following: 1.revolution, applied at the vets and only this once, resulted in open wounds and in 2 abscesses full of pus. My cat was in pain for an entire week. The abcesses healed but one did not open. The vet said we shouldleave it. Now I am waiting for a renewed infection.
2. When my cat - he goes out to hunt, but is really a sofa tiger - got mites from where he sat in high grass (sorry, I am not sure of the correct translation of this species, in German it is 'Herbstgrasmilbe') I went to another vet, not trusting the old one any more. He prescribed another spot-on called advocate for cats. This then caused eczema, which spread until the affected part of his skin was as large as my palm. There are very few alternatives on the market I had been told by my vet. ok, but where to go from there? What to use?
In Germany I finally came across an oil, called Neemtreeor similar. This did not have any side effects for my cat. He was as happy as ever and the mites went and only came back every 4 weeks during the season.
My point is this:
although highly educated even vets want to earn money and are dependent on making large profits. For this purpose they co-operate with many pet food and pet drugs giants. I doubt very much that many of them have only the best interest of the animals at heart. You get good ones and bad ones.
With reagrds to Bob Martin: I have had both, a recommendation from one vet, a definite no-no from another.
Where to go and what to do?
I have this dewormer at home and actually consider putting it on to try. But then I am also scared! But then I am ALWAYS SCARED because my beloved darling has suffered so much from other drugs which were generally considered safe! (and expensive).
I would love to hear what u think?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
art , behavior , behaviour , bite , cat , cat's , cats , cave , changed , cleaning , diarrhea , dog , dogs , eating , found , fur , great , health , hey , home , hurt , infection , internet , kitty , litter boxes , lucky , meowing , mites , night , pet , pet food , play , scared , scratching , sick , sleep , small , tips , vet , vomit

Sponsored Cat Links