It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-02-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

dearmargaret is on a distinguished road
Question What is better for my cat?

My cat, and dog, have been travelling back and forth with me each year when I go south. She is an extremely laid-back cat that gets along with all animals. Each year, we stop at my daughter's house on the way so Zoey knows them very well. This year, I left Zoey for a couple of weeks since I was travelling. She loves it there. It is a cat's paradise. Three dogs, three cats, in and out through the pet door and out is a beautiful totally fenced in area with lots of plants to run in. My daughter telle me Zoey sleeps with her and is obviously very happy. She (my daughter) would be happy to keep her for the winter, or forever, but if I bring here (to Florida) with me, I am in a very small place and her only outside trips are in a Kittywalk enclosure which is about 15 feet long and 2 feet wide. She must be carried in and out to it. She has always been happy here and she is happy when I return to New Yotk, where she has pet door access to the outdoors. My question is this:I miss her, but would she be happier with my daughter? Would she really miss me? She was a cat rescued from a feral colony, although she was never feral, but she was very attached to me. She has come a long way but could Ileave her for the winter and then bring her home in May? I want to do what will make happy, but I don't know what that is and I don't want to bounce her back and forth.
I would appreciate any advice!
Margaret
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-02-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What was Zoey's reaction to you when you came home from your trip, after being with your daughter? Did she act like she missed you?

Sometimes being with her own person is more important that the lifestyle. If this were me, I'd want my kitty with me. She's already shown she is perfectly happy with the traveling, and accommodations in each of your homes. It's nice she seems happy at your daughter's, but how bonded is she to you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-02-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

That's a wonderful point! I didn't mention that I haven't seen Zoey yet. I will be going there next week since my daughter lives 175 miles away. I will know right away, I am sure, whether Zoey missed me or not and I can make my decision then. The only question then is, do cats "punish" us by acting aloof? But, I will be there for a couple of days and will be sleeping there so I will see whose bed she chooses.
Thanks for your input.
Margaret.
Unread 12-02-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

You're welcome.

Yes some cats do give you the cold shoulder for a day or two. But since you will be lingering for a few days, you'll be able to tell how much she really missed you.

Let us know, okay?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 12-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

I will be happy to let you know. I hope she missed me - I miss her!
Marge
Unread 01-15-2011   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Zoey is Home!!

I am sorry it is so long since I posted, but Zoey is home!! She did snub me for awhile, but finally climbed into my lap. My daughter said she hadn't done that with her, although she was very relaxed and comfortable waking her and her husband up in the morning - you know, the nail taps?
She is home and is relaxed here. And, she purrs for me. She didn't purr at my daughter's house, they said.
Thanks for all your advice!
Margaret
Unread 01-18-2011   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.
Smile

I'm glad to hear that you finally met Zoey and I'm with acerlt's advice ..once the cat's attached to you, the place won't matter.. Cause I know when I read Zoey's reacation when she saw you, that the best place for Zoey is with YOU...
Unread 01-18-2011   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

JJ thank you for reviving this thread, I somehow had missed Margaret's update.

Margaret thank you so much for coming back and telling us how Zoe is doing. I'm glad she is back with you where she belongs, and even happier to know she is letting you know she is glad too. I think your question is answered for all time now.

please read this first

Tags
advice , beautiful , cat , cat's , cats , cold , colony , color , dog , dogs , feral , happy , hey , home , homes , house , kitty , mat , morning , nice , person , pet , question , sleeping , small , stop

Sponsored Cat Links