It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2011   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.
Unhappy My cat is not eating!!

It's been a year now since Tasha's adicted to Whiskas.. She loves it so much she can't go a day without them but, recently, we ran out of whiskas and we decided to feed her some other food. She won't eat nothing. I give her chicken or meat she doesn't eat. Everytime I get in the kichen, it breaks my heart seeing her waiting for me to give her whiskas when we're actually out of. I don't know what to do it's been 2 days and she's very weak and thin. I'm worried

Last edited by J.J.; 01-31-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-31-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Why not just go get some more whiskas? I don't understand?

At this point she needs to see a vet. A cat who hasn't eaten in two days is in great danger of organ failure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-31-2011   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Unhappy

I was gonna get her some but, I thought of trying out some other food instead of whiskas. Her whole life is just whiskas, she won't eat anything but, whiskas .. I was thinking!! Is it healthy for her to eat it all the time?? I mean why doesn't she eat at least fish or chicken!!
Unread 02-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

While it's true that Whiskas is not the best quality food out there JJ, there are two things going for it.

First, it's better than a dry food diet. Second, she eats it. You have to make changes to a cat's diet very very slowly.

Trying to force her to eat something else by withholding food will kill her. This is not an exaggeration. A cat will starve to death rather than eat something she doesn't like. This is because a cat cannot go more than two or three days without food, then the organs begin to shut down. She will go into liver failure.

I hope by now you have gotten her some Whiskas and fed her, or brought her to the vet.

Once you are sure she is out of danger and eating well again, I will be happy to help you add other foods to her diet. But please give her the food she likes for now.

I can't stress the seriousness of this enough. A cat WILL starve herself to death rather than eat something she doesn't like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-01-2011   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Oh thank you so much yes, I can use a little help with her diet and BTW... It's the third day and this morning I had to give her something so I gave her some of my leftover special chicken feleh with sause and believe it or not; she ate it. However, I'm not sure if she got enough of it but, at least she ate( that's important )
Unread 02-01-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

If there is garlic or onion in that chicken and sauce you may do more harm than good. Both onion and garlic are toxic to cats and can cause anemia.

I still don't understand why you aren't just giving her the whiskas. At this point she needs to see the vet. She is probably severely dehydrated and her organs are in danger of failing.

please read this first
Unread 02-01-2011   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

Please please go and get some whiskas and feed your cat! What is wrong with you, who cares if the cat only likes whiskas it wont do any harm, but starving her will!
Unread 02-01-2011   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Finally you guys my bro went shoping and got Tasha some whiskas and she's fine so, don't worry..
Unread 02-01-2011   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

whey hey tasha got whiskas lol, glad she is better, thats great J.J. if she only wants one brand of food i wouldnt worry about it as long as she is healthy
Unread 02-03-2011   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Why would you withhold the Wiskas when you KNOW that is the only food she will eat? Like Gail said, a cat will starve to death before eating something she doesn't like. True, Wiskas is crappy food, but it is better than starving the poor cat to death!!!!!. Have you tried other wet foods--high quality food like Wellness Core, Blue Buffalo, and a new one called Before Grain? You may want to add just a tiny bit to the Wiskas for a couple of week. Then add a little more if she eats it. If she won't eat it, don't force her.
My goodness, I don't know what the problem was in giving her the Wiskas. Why did you withhold her favorite food and let her get so weak and thin? That''s terrible.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty

Tags
book , cat , cat's , cats , color , diet , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , great , happy , health , healthy , kitty , morning , not eating , problem , stress , vet , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links