It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-19-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Spuddy is on a distinguished road
Default 3 week old kitten

I have a kitten I adopted yesterday. Shes doing very well. Im feeding her by bottle with a milk formula i purchased from the vets as well as some kitten meat which she had for the first time today. Shes going wees fine and in a litter tray and also covering it up. I just cant get her to poo. A lady at work stimulated her to poo yesterday and i have tried wet face cloths today as well as cotton balls and no luck. She walks around and is very cuddly and purrs lot so i dont think shes stressed.

Any ideas?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-19-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your new little baby! Was she abandoned by her mother?

Keep on with the stimulation, trying every hour or so, but if you have no luck by the time it's been 24 hours call the vet for help.

Welcome to the forum, and please keep us posted on the baby, what's her name?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-26-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi. Thank you for adopting and caring for the little kitty. As Gail says, take her to a vet if nothing happens soon. Tell us more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 02-26-2011   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

Such a lucky kitty. I hope we can see lot of photos of her.

With a wet cloth you have to make massage on her belly, too, not just on the popo. Not to strong, but push little your finger to her belly. Like the mother was them. Good luck.
Unread 04-15-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

pompett is on a distinguished road

hi , and congrats ! having watched mum do this to her babies id suggest rather than a stroking movement with a tissue id try having it damp and use small circular movements squeezing ever so slightly. Its got to be like a licking movement i presume , to stimulate it. I dont envy you... nothing gets them clean like mum can, and they do get in a mess sometimes especially when their appetites get bigger! Also just wanted to tell you all 4 of mine took to uht goats milk much better than any other.

Tags
adopted , babies , baby , belly , clean , hey , kitten , kitty , licking , litter , lucky , mess , photos , poo , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links