It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-09-2011   #21 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Worried
Sugarsmom is on a distinguished road

I can't reply to a pm yet. It says I haven't posted enough. I will just wait to see what the new vet says tomorrow and maybe she will prescribe me some more butorphenol for her pain. I won't trust this vets opinion though very easily. Too many wrong answers and yes the last vet told me that there was nothing to be done about the crystals. And the one before that wanted to put her on cortisone pills permanently. And the one before that stuck a collection stick up Sugars bum even though I provided him with a fresh feces sample. That's what started her on hating the vets office.

Thanks again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-10-2011   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarsmom View Post
I can't reply to a pm yet. It says I haven't posted enough. I will just wait to see what the new vet says tomorrow and maybe she will prescribe me some more butorphenol for her pain. I won't trust this vets opinion though very easily. Too many wrong answers and yes the last vet told me that there was nothing to be done about the crystals. And the one before that wanted to put her on cortisone pills permanently. And the one before that stuck a collection stick up Sugars bum even though I provided him with a fresh feces sample. That's what started her on hating the vets office.

Thanks again.
can you at least rad the one I sent?

that's really strange, you should be able to PM, huh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-10-2011   #23 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Pm

I can read the one you sent but when I tried to respond it says I need to have posted 10 times. This might be my tenth. I'll try again.
Unread 03-10-2011   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

The limit on PMing is an anti-PM spam feature. The post limit used to be 25.. I got it and the one on posting links and images down to 10, as most of the sickos won't last long enough to post that many, and legit users really shouldn't have to wait that long
Unread 03-10-2011   #25 (permalink)
Newborn

Default New vet

Thanks for the pm clarification. I can now pm since I've posted 10 times. The new vet extracted Sugar's pee and looked in it at the office but is also sending it out for more details. No blood or obvious signs of a UTI. She said there is a very low amount of struvite crystals but it was pretty diluted. We will wait and see what the lab work brings back but it looks like we won't be putting her on a special crystal diet anytime soon because of her suspected IBD. So I will continue giving her mostly wet Wysong brand food and see how the next week or two goes. And of course give her stress remedies and love. I should be able to write a book on this experience soon.
Unread 03-11-2011   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

This sounds hopeful. The diluted pee is a concern as it can mean kidney problems, has any of these vets done blood work, I can't remember.

I would keep the cat attract litter and try it, give her every thing, every chance to use those litter boxes.

The canned Wysong is good, canned is always better than dry, unless a cat has a problem as serious as my Mazy's, where unless she eats the prescription food, she gets crystals. And she won't eat the canned prescription, so she is my only cat on a kibble diet.

Anyway, keep us posted on how Sugar is doing, and on the results of the urine culture.

Is the diarrhea gone?

Is she using litter boxes now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 03-12-2011   #27 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Sugars on the mend!

Well I think that she is on the mend and feeling a bit better. She has been crying less and going more in the litterbox without whining. No accidents for over a week. She has had no poopy trouble in over a week too. I've even been getting more water in her. I'm hoping that's why her urine was diluted. We did have a full bloodwork panel done and there was no kidney trouble. Only a liver enzyme that has to do with inflamation that was out of range. I will still try the litter attractant and the feliway which just came in. I did her grooming night tonight with less trouble. Teeth brushing, coat brushing and furminating, nail clipping, and toweling down. Not as big of a fight as it usually is every week. I'm feeling optimistic. Oh and her new sister spice that I just rescued is already adjusted to the house.
Unread 03-12-2011   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for the update on Sugar. I didn't know you had another cat. When did Spice come in? Congratulations!

However the new kitty (if this has been recent) may be part of Sugar's problem, stress makes kitties sick.

Can't wait to hear more about Spice. And a picture too of course!

please read this first
Unread 03-12-2011   #29 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Setback?

Well, this morning was a little bit of a downer. Early this morning Sugar started pawing at the bed with me and my husband in it. I was half awake so I saw it and took her to her litterbox where she promptly urinated. Does it count as an accident if I got to her before it happened? I am a little down about it as I was just starting to trust her back on the bed and hoped she was feeling better.
About our new edition. I knew Sugar needed a friend a long time ago when I would take her on play dates at a friends house who had 3 cats. She loves other cats. I decided last weekend that she was in a funk and needed someone else to be there for her. I do work a lot and am not home as often as I would like to be. So I went to The Friends of Gummi rescue shelter and adopted a four month old kitten. She has all her shots and tests and is spayed. She is a lap cat and loves to be pet. Her ear has a notch out of it because she was feral when found and has not been adopted yet because of it.
I had her in a separate room for most of the week but it was instant love between Sugar and Spice. They are now inseperable and grooming each other. I think this has helped Sugar's spirits take a turn for the better. I will post some pics.

Posted some Spice pics.
Unread 03-12-2011   #30 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi Sugarsmom (and now Spices mom too!!!) I've been following this entire thread, but I didn't interject because Gail has about a million times more knowledge than I do, she should have been a vet--she sure knows more than alot of them. Anyway, I knew you were in good hands with her, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad Sugar's doing better and that you are so dedicated. It's also great Sugar now has a playmate.
I also wanted to tell you that I used Cat Attract awhile ago when my cats were kittens and they were going on the bath mat instead of their box. Also I was dog sitting one weekend, and after the dog's owner came to pick up the dog, one of the cats pooped in the bathtub, and it was the biggest poop I have ever seen coming from a cat. Anyway, the Cat Attract worked great.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty

Tags
advice , age , allergy , another cat , antibiotics , art , baby , baking soda , behavior , bills , bladder , box , car , cat , cats , crazy , crying , diarrhea , diet , eating , elderly , eye , eyes , fast , fip , fiv , fixed , fleas , food , girl , groom , hey , hiding , home , hurt , ibd , infection , kennel , kitten , litter , litter box , love , medical , opinion , pee , pill , play , playing , problems , sick , sickness , sleep , sleeping , smart , surgery , test , type , uti , vet , weight , wet food , window , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links