It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-13-2011   #31 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Worried
Sugarsmom is on a distinguished road

Hi AuntKitty, Thanks for the advice. I am currently using a cat attractant under the corn litter but I will try the cat attract litter that was recommended as well. She is still having trouble about having to go in the litterbox so I think she is still in pain. I have two new litterboxes set up. I am really buying everything this cat could possibly need and then some so no need to worry if I am getting these kinds of extras. I could almost open my own pet store now!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-14-2011   #32 (permalink)
Newborn

Default The worst has happened!

Yes folks, Sugar has peed on us while we were sleeping in the bed. On top of the fleecey blanket she and Spice share near my knees. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering were Spice went to and found her in the spare room. She must have fled the pee. Then I laid down and there it was! I found out she peed the day before in a comfy chair. And today during work she peed in the spare bedroom. She also stopped eating her Wysong yesterday. I am at the end of my ideas. I have three litterboxes set up. One with kitten attract litter and one with her regular litter and an added attractant with baking soda underneath. I have a feliway diffuser plugged into the main living room. I rub rescue remedy on her nose at night. I bought her a companion kitten that she adores and licks up a storm. I have taken her to 4 vets, spent hundreds of dollars, and had everything checked under the sun. I've read books, done research, and am starting to talk to myself like a crazy person. I am getting no real sleep smelling for pee or listening for scratching. It is even harder when she was on the mend only to have such a hard setback. I clearly got too lax. Does anyone think I should lock her in a bathroom and keep her there for a week or two till she is re-litterbox trained? Also, am I not getting out the pee smell? I spray the soiled laundry with urine gone and then wash it twice. I spray down everything that is not washable with urine gone and leave it to dry. Is this the right thing to do? Please advise cause she is breaking my heart but I would never want to punish her and I give her tons of love and never anything negative. I am just out of ideas and exhausted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-15-2011   #33 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm new and just got done reading about poor Sugar (and you, bless your heart!) I wish I could help, this has been horrible for all of you! Any updates on the crystals? Are you using one of those water "fountains" for the cats? They do encourage more water intake. Anyway, I mostly wanted to send you some
(((((HUGS))))) from my heart to yours!
Unread 03-15-2011   #34 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi Sugarsmom. I wish I could be of more help. I CAN tell you that you are doing everything you possibly could do for your baby, and I know how heartbreaking it is for you, and I know that there is nothing you wouldnt do for little Sugar. In a previous thread someone wrote in that her cat just delivered a dead kitten, and the mother cat was sick. It was extremely frustrating because she asked for advice but said that she couldnt afford a vet, but the cat was probably going to die without medical care. What Im trying to say is that she was on one end of the spectrum and you are on the other end and regardless of what happens in the end please know that you did everything humanly possible and then some and you have nothing to feel guilty about

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 03-15-2011   #35 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Missing piece of the puzzle

Thank you so much for letting me take out my frustrations on this forum. I am a little sleep deprived and I do love my SugSug. I got a call from the vet today and the urine sample was negative for infections. I have a drink well fountain and I have been hiding water bowls all over the house to get her drinking. I started thinking what made her take a turn for the worse. She was doing great. Saturday was her last good day before she got sick again. I remembered that we cooked on the grill in our patio and Sugar was on the patio with us briefly. I looked all around our patio and found three leaves that looked chewed upon in the corner. They are from our tree in the backyard but I don't know how they got there because our patio is completely enclosed with no plants or anything. I looked online for the type of tree we have and it is an oak tree (a live oak I think). It comes up on a toxic tree list. Could this be what happened or am I crazy? What should I do now if it is toxic? Thanks again I don't know what I would have done without all your support.
Unread 03-15-2011   #36 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

That may very well be the cause of sugar's problems. If she chewed a poisonous leaf--maybe that's what happened the first time too. I would take the leaves to the vet and tell him/her what you've told us--about oak being on the toxic list, etc. Poor Sugar, but at least if you finally find out what is causing her sickness then you will know how to avoid it in the future

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 03-16-2011   #37 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

My heart fell when I read that she'd peed in the bed again. It could be she is eating something toxic, though she did have blood work, right?

Since she's clear of all infection, retraining may be something you will have to do. As you mentioned, keeping her enclosed in a small space with just enough room for food and water dishes, bed, and litter box will force her to use the litter box. Usually the duration is 2 weeks I think. She can be visited of course and played with, but only in her room.

Or a large dog crate, I know that will limit her movement greatly, but retraining is often what is needed in a case like this.

Thank you for not giving up on Sugar. I know how hard this all is on you, and on your relationship with your husband too probably.

please read this first
Unread 03-16-2011   #38 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Finding those Oak leaves may be the best thing ever, if that turns out to be the problem. Knowing what to treat means everything! Why some animals eat some of the things they do is beyond understanding! Please let us know what the vet says!!

Tags
advice , age , allergy , another cat , antibiotics , art , baby , baking soda , behavior , bills , bladder , box , car , cat , cats , crazy , crying , diarrhea , diet , eating , elderly , eye , eyes , fast , fip , fiv , fixed , fleas , food , girl , groom , hey , hiding , home , hurt , ibd , infection , kennel , kitten , litter , litter box , love , medical , opinion , pee , pill , play , playing , problems , sick , sickness , sleep , sleeping , smart , surgery , test , type , uti , vet , weight , wet food , window , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links