It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-26-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sad
Cinixen is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Finding Nemo

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and until a week ago I had two lovely cats.

My beautiful little neutered Nemo has been gone for 1 week now . He has free access to the garden as has our other cat Cina. Nemo is only 10 months and normally doesn’t go far or for longer than a couple of hours (he usually comes in and checks on us –just to make sure we are there ).
There was a big growl in the middle of the night. This happens every now and again as there are quite a few cats around but in the morning there was no sign of Nemo. I realised then that he may have been injured in the night and run off in fear (or been chased away). I'm so worried he will be chased off every time he tries getting back …
We have been calling him, and looked around (everywhere it seems like), at different times both day and night. I have also spread some of his favourite kibbles around in the neighbourhood and cat litter in our garden. I have put out his bed, clothes that smell of us and a little cardboard box for him to shelter should he return back and have dropped his collar and unable to get in through the catflap. We have also posted about 200 posters and spoken to neighbours.
We miss him so much and so does Cina.

I have heard that one idea is to put the remaining cat in a cat carrier and walk around the neighbour hood. I haven’t tried that as I’m worried it will stress her out too much and it seems a bit cruel.

I don’t know what more I can do? Any advice much appreciated....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-26-2011   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry Nemo is missing. I used to have indoor/outdoor cats until I had something similar happen, although my cats always came in at night. My cat now is indoor only because I can't stand the pain of not knowing what's happened when one goes missing.

Nemo is in my prayers and I hope he's just hold up somewhere and will return when he feels the coast is clear. They can find places to hide that we don't even know exist.

I hope others will offer you some more ideas. Did you call your local animal control and ask if any cats have been brought in injured?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to alleygata For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-26-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry to see this! In addition to the posters call all the shelters and vets in a very wide radius. Scared cats travel far.

Go house to house and ask your neighbors to look in all their garages, outbuildings, sheds, under porches, trash barrels, or for permission to look yourself.

Make sure neighborhood kids are on the look out, but stress to them that they should come find you if they see Nemo.

Put used litter out along the border of your property so he can smell familiar smells.

Often cats are very close to home, just so frightened they don;t know what to do. Sit outside at dusk and dawn, the most active time for a cat, and talk to him. If Nemo comes, stay calm, as he may be so freaked out if you jump up in joy you will scare him again.

I am praying hard that your Nemo comes home soon. St. Gertrude, Patron Saint of Cats, St. Francis Patron Saint of Animals and St. Anthony, Patron Saint of Lost things, please watch over little Nemo and allow him to be found or guide him safely home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 04-26-2011 at 11:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-26-2011   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Make a police report, ask them to be on the look out, someone may call in about him. Check with your paper about placing a lost cat ad, some do it for free. Make sure every poster, ad, etc has a picture. Pictures catch people's attention.
He will be in my prayers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-27-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Thanks very much for your kind words. Its great to have the support of other cat lovers. I am thinking of buying one of those Loc8tor for pets for my other cat (and for Nemo if /when he is coming back), but I am not sure if they are any good...
--combined posts
Thanks everyone for your kind replies. I will try everything I can to get the little fella back again. Thanks again for all your prayers-it means a lot. Luckily weather is not too bad at the moment (Wales-UK). Cina has stopped eating her wet food though -I think she misses her brother.

Last edited by AK49BWL; 04-27-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Unread 05-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

I hope you will find him soon. Poor little kitty, probably he misses his sister and home, too.

Unread 05-03-2011   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Thanks. He is still missing, but someone has seen him and I don't understand why he is not coming back. Maybe he is still scared or he just can't find his way back (or found elsewhere to stay ) . I have been out everyday looking for him ...We have a very mild spring so hopefully he is doing alright.
Unread 05-03-2011   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

How is Cina doing?

It may be he is frightened. Have you gone to the places he has been seen? Go to those spots and just hang out there quietly, so he can get up the nerve to approach you.

Can you get ahold of a havahart trap, and bait it and leave it in the area he has been seen?

Still praying for Nemo.

please read this first
Unread 05-04-2011   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
Miss Majestic is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that Nemo is missing, Sorry to say this but maybe some one in your neighbourhood has picked him up and does not want to return him to you, it's just a thought that popped in my mind when I was reading this. Hopefully this is not true tho.I will pray for a safe return of Nemo to you.
Unread 05-04-2011   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

Cina is fine thanks but I think she is still missing Nemo. Its like she is waiting for him to come home any minute-kind of sweet but heartbreaking at the same time. One thing I have noticed is that she is starting to behave like she was before we got Nemo. She is extremely affectionate to me, more than usual (she has always been a bit obsessed with my fiancé ). She was so angry with me after we got Nemo and for months she didn't want me near her (I was crying my eyes out ). Nemo is a VERY affectionate cat so maybe she was a bit jealous although I tried my best to give her lots of attention too. This was a while ago now but its interesting how her behaviour changed since Nemo been missing. Maybe its just a sign of her missing him …
I hope they both will be happy to see each other when Nemo comes home (I’m still hoping ).

Thanks for the tips. I have been looking into getting a cat trap but there are lots of cats in the area and I’m worried about catching someone else’s beloved pet but good idea nevertheless.

Yeah that crossed my mind too. Although someone claims to have seen him a few days ago... Last winter there was a cat around in our garden and we felt so sorry for him as it was raining heavily for days so we built a shelter and gave him food and he stayed around until he just disappeared one day before we had a chance to take him to a vet to get him scanned. Half a year later I heard he had been in my neighbours house (she also got two cats) and it turns out it was her friends brothers cat...Its a small world sometimes .

Really hope someone hasn’t stolen little Nemo and if they have I can just hope they are treating him well .

Thanks for all your support.

Tags
advice , animal , beautiful , behaviour , birds , box , cat , cat lovers , catching , cats , collar , crying , eating , eyes , fast , found , free , friendly , growl , guide , hey , home , house , indoor , indoor/outdoor , interesting , joy , litter , missing , morning , night , outdoor , picture , pictures , play , prayers , scared , shelter , shelters , smell , stress , travel , wet food , window

Sponsored Cat Links