It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-27-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

ReesesMom is on a distinguished road
Default need advice

my name is Becky and I am new here. Maybe I am narotic I don't know, but I have adopted two cats in the last year and one died from RSV and the other died from coccile (SP). I waited 4 months and have finally gotten the nerve up to adopt another kitten from the SPCA and she is sick. here's my story.

I adopted an 11 week old kitten from the humane society last Friday. since then she has had diarrhea so I took her to the vet on Sunday. The vet said her stools showed a lot of mucus but was negative for parasites. she gave me a prescription to give her once a day until gone. I think its for the parasites.she is treating her for them anyway because of the mucus She has ear mites as well. . She also said to give her 1 tsp of pumpkin twice a day to harden her stools. I started doing that yesterday and today her poop has been solid, so I stopped giving it to her. Now I smelled something awful and checked and she has diarrhea again. Should I keep giving her the pumpkin for several days. I am also wondering how often they pee. She is pooping twice a day but only peeing once a day. To me for a 11week old kitten that isn't normal. she is eating and drinking normally. Should I be concerned. please advice would be great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-27-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Keep giving her the pumpkin twice a day, every day. Make sure it is pure pumpkin not pie filling.You probably already know that, but I mention it for any one else who might be reading.

She is not peeing much because she is dehydrated from the diarrhea. What is the antibiotic? Is it flagyl? (metronidazole). What are you treating the ear mites with?

What are you feeding her? She should be eating lots of canned food to keep her hydrated.

Poor baby with so much going on. She is lucky to be with you, who cares so much and are working so hard to get her better.

I'm sorry for your previous losses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-21-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

mist1960 is on a distinguished road

How is your kitty these days? Is she still having intestinal problems? I read a press release earlier today that looked interesting. It was from a company called avidlifepet. They just released a product that is supposed to help with intestinal problems. If your kitty is still having problems it might be worth checking out.

Tags
adopted , advice , antibiotic , baby , canned food , cats , diarrhea , food , great , hey , interesting , kitten , kitty , lucky , mites , pee , peeing , poop , problems , sick , story , vet

Sponsored Cat Links