It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

StefanieandDaisy is on a distinguished road
Default New mommy Needs help

Hi I'm new to the forum and I need a bit of advice. I adopted a seven moth old kitten she's a rescue named Daisy. I have only ever had one cat before her and she was also a rescue but ten years old when I got her. I'm not used to being a mommy to a little kitten and I'm a wreck lol. I noticed that she will only pee once a day maybe twice. And she doesn't cover up her poop or pee is that normal aren't cats supposed to do that? Any advice you can give would be great.
Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

The covering behavior may have something to do with her origins. What's her history? If she lived in a place where the litter boxes weren't kept clean she may have gotten out of the habit of covering.

It's also possible she doesn't like the litter. What kind of litter do you use? If you use something that has a heavy perfume smell that may be the reason she doesn't cover. A cat's sense of smell is much stronger than humans, and most cats do not like scented litter.

Peeing only once or twice a day is a concern. What are you feeding her? Get her on a good all canned diet, and she'll probably start peeing three times a day, which is just about right.

Congratulations on your new baby!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , advice , art , baby , behavior , cat , cat's , cats , clean , diet , great , kitten , litter , litter boxes , needs help , pee , poop , rescue , smell

Sponsored Cat Links