It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-28-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

LoveJaxxon is on a distinguished road
Default Male cat acting like a female in heat!

He's about a year old, is not neutered, and is either a boy or a girl with big balls!

It started this morning...he suddenly started crawling around all close to the ground, like he was hurt. When I went to touch him, he immediately presented himself to me! Now he's been like this all day, sticking his ass up and shimmy-ing his hind legs with his tail pinned to the side. And he's been SUPER loving, like horny cats often are lol, but usually he's way more into playing than getting pet and all day it's been just the opposite!

I said to my boyfriend, "Well maybe this is why we never had problems with him spraying...maybe he's a girl and his balls are actually some kind of growth...or maybe he's a hermaphrodite?" But 5 minutes later, we caught him spraying in the corner!!

The other oddity is, he's not meowing or howling - which I know is a key characteristic when a female is in heat.

Aside from appearing a little frustrated, Jaxxon seems perfectly fine. He's definitely not in pain, and I don't want to illustrate some kind of picture with him being just MISERABLE peeing everywhere and humping everything etc. Payday is Friday, so by Saturday he'll be at a vet but until then, I'm just very curious and a little worried - what's wrong with my sweet baby?!

**I forgot to add, we JUST moved into a new apartment in the same complex, like half our stuff is still sitting around in boxes. So I thought this might have something to do with it?

Also, he's a strictly indoor cat. The closest he gets to the outside world is our balcony every once in a while.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-28-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Regardless of whether your cat is male or female, s/he is long past the age he should have been neutered or spayed. Get it done for crying out loud. If he's male, how can you stand the stink? And if she's female, every heat cycle increases her risk of breast cancer later in life, and pyometra can happen at any time, not to mention endless heat cycles are a miserable way for a cat to live.

It's good Jaxxon is kept indoors, but he won't be for long, as the biological urges will take over and he WILL get out.

Please, just neuter your cat! .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 11-28-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-24-2018   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

ohmine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Regardless of whether your cat is male or female, s/he is long past the age he should have been neutered or spayed. Get it done for crying out loud. If he's male, how can you stand the stink? And if she's female, every heat cycle increases her risk of breast cancer later in life, and pyometra can happen at any time, not to mention endless heat cycles are a miserable way for a cat to live.

It's good Jaxxon is kept indoors, but he won't be for long, as the biological urges will take over and he WILL get out.

Please, just neuter your cat! .
--------------------------------------------

What does this have to do with what is being asked???

Tags
age , apartment , baby , boy , boyfriend , cat , cats , female , gay , girl , growth , heat , hurt , in heat , indoor , loving , male , meowing , morning , peeing , pet , picture , playing , problems , sexes , vet

Sponsored Cat Links