It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-29-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Worried
emili is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Cat very stressed!

We moved house last week and our cat seemed pretty chilled out about it until:

Day one: came home to find cat had a limp. No idea what happened, but took her to the vet and was given some anti-inflammatories.

Day two: Woke in the night to loads of noise. We had put a cat flap in that day. Obviously un-neutered cat was in the house that had sprayed EVERYWHERE (I don't know how its bladder was that big, seriously!) Our little on cowering on top of the cupboards, having pooed as she was terrified. Note still injured at this point.

Yesterday: Came home and found a load of cat hair AND poo on the stairs. No idea if another cat managed to get in again or she just got scared and pooed OR its because my husband forgot to bring the litter tray in as he thought she'd go outside no cat flap is open again

Today: still a bit skittish. Had weed in the kitchen despite leaving her a litter tray in usual place. We thought leaving her in 2 rooms would help to settle her but it's just made her more agitated so had to let her back in the front bedroom which she has claimed as 'hers'. Appears to be limping again today but hasn't settled down all day. Now asleep in her room.

Piece de resistance - we are expecting a new baby NEXT WEEK. She hates babies. I just feel really mean as she's obviously really stressed out but don't know what to do to make her feel better!

We've been accompanying her outdoors which seems to help a bit but she doesn't appear to be doing her biz out there yet. Have bought a feliway plug in which we use in the room she sleeps in at night. I also have bought a spray but not sure where to use that. Need to get her settled ASAP before child makes an appearance! HELP!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-29-2014   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

When moving it is recommended that the cat is kept inside for at least 6 weeks, and then supervised outside time only for another few weeks.

Close up the cat flap and let her adjust to the new house for a month or so before she has to adjust to the new outside. You risk losing her at this point if you don't.

I recommend you CAT PROOF your yard, so she can go outside safely, and other cats can't get to her. You have no idea of the health status of the intact male cat.

Hopefully your girl is spayed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-17-2014   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

aaronwatson is on a distinguished road

It is often best to keep changes for your cat to a minimum or at least with a gradual introduction when possible. Even small things, like keeping the brand of cat litter the same will help keep stress levels at a comfortable level.

Tags
another cat , babies , baby , bladder , cat , cats , found , girl , health , home , house , introduction , litter , male , moving , night , scared , small , spayed , stress , vet

Sponsored Cat Links