It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-08-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Bebe is on a distinguished road
Question Emotional issues with my cat.Very LONG explanation

Hello. I have 3 cats.
Female named Bebe _ 2 years old
Male named Zorro_ 2 years old
Female named Ratatouille_ 3 months old

This is a very long description for you to understand my ending concern. Thank u for readibg if you will!
We got our first cat and about a month after we decided to get her a friend. They are both the same age. We have had the 2 for over a year now.
Bebe was my first cat that me and my husband have.
I have had past cats when I lived with my parents and stuff but they never came with me. Im married now and have my own house so we decided to get a kitty.
We moved away from ALL of our friends and family 500 miles away and Bebe was like my best friend aside from my husband. I was lonely and we had moved away. Zorro is my other adult cat and he is very scared cat always by himself never let you hold him type cat. There are times he lets me hold him but they are rare. So of course I am super close to Bebe like she sleeps with me and always there.
We moved to a different house and ended up getting a kitten so now we have 3 kitties.
In this house there was a back window that had a loose screen.
Let me say Bebe and my cats are Indoor only.
Well I woke up and noticed the screen and Bebe was gone.
Me and my husband searched for her in the cornfield behind our house and we live in the country.I put food out for her and called her name for hours. I was hysterical like very very bad. I looked like a person who needed to be in a loony bin because I was THAT upset ! I was so scared she would never come back!
At 3am that night she did come home and ive never been happier.

Anyways.. on to my real issue!!!!

I have a HUGE and VERY emotional attachment to Bebe. I do not feel this much of an attachment with other animals or my other cats. ever.

I dont know why either. But we leave occasionally 2 days per month to spend with our families and they stay home alone.
I constantly think about Bebe when I am gone. I have a huge sense of anxiety and worry when I am away from her. This started happening after she got out of the house. Before this I still cared for her alot but never was obsessed about her when I was away from her.

My concern is that I need to like see a therapist or something because of how attached I am to Bebe.
I just love her so much.
And no I dont have kids lol

Any suggestions.. comments..advice please! Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-08-2014   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Your feelings are normal. I understand your terror when Bebe got out, and your continued feeling of fear that it will happen again. The feeling may fade slightly with time, but taking action will help you feel more secure.

Who takes care of the cats while you are gone? Can you ask your sitter to send you pictures and e mails to update you and reassure you?

Other ways to help you feel more secure would be to install security cameras, inside and out, or at least a kittycam inside so you can check for yourself that Bebe is okay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 09-08-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adult , advice , age , anxiety , cat , cats , family , food , friends , hey , home , home alone , house , indoor , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , night , person , rare , scared , suggestions , type , upset , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links