It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-29-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Cheyennika is on a distinguished road
Default How to convince my parents to not declaw(NEED HELP!)

*****BEFORE anyone suggests contacting the breeder, I'd just like to point out that I'm still a minor,& I still live with my parents. So, this could possibly lead to me kicked out of the house, or others things.*****

So we currenetly have 1 cat. She's declawed, which is very unfortunate. But this wasn't my choice. Now, my parents want to declaw the new Kitten, because they are afraid for her safety,& because they don't want her injured.

They were against doing this before. Now they are thinking about.

How can[does] a declawed cat coexist with non-clawed kitten? Can you give me some articles on this? Videos? What should I do?

― Mahatma Gandhi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-29-2014   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thank goodness you have enough sense to realize how terrible this is. Of course a clawed cat can live with a declawed cat. Cats with claws all live together too. Just keep the cat's nails trimmed. It's easy to do. Why would someone spend so much money on a pedigree kitten then cut her toes off?

Declawing is outlawed in over 30 countries around the world. Only Canada and the United states, so called civilized countries, allow this.

Many people in both Canada and the USA are working very hard to educate people about this horrible thing. We hope to have it outlawed (8 cities in California already have banned it) but in the mean time letting people know what really happens is the key.

Okay, the first thing you do is go to The Paw Project.

Rent or stream The Paw Project documentary. Watch it with them.

The Paw Project also has a Facebook page. Ask your parents to do some reading there. They will learn even more about how detrimental this is to a cat.

So many many cats are suffering, and have to have repair sugery because of the pain from bone chips, claw regrowth, abscesses in the feet...the list is very long.

Declawing is amputation of the first digit of the toe. Cats walk on their toes. So a cat with a front declaw has 10 amputations, and has to walk on those stubs the rest of her life. She has to scratch in litter with those amputated stubs. Declawed cats suffer pain in their feet all their lives. Many simply learn to live with it. Many don't and they start avoiding the litter box (because the litter hurts their feet) they start to bite, they have all kinds of problems.

They also can never ever stretch properly. Cats stretch their back and leg muscles by hooking their claws into something and pulling. A declawed cat not only can't walk properly, they can't ever stretch out the muscles that are getting twisted from being declawed.

So Start with The Paw Project Movie. And suggest that your cat who has already been done should have her paws x rayed every year to see how they are doing. And her back and legs, too because early arthritis is also common.

There is also a link in my signature.

Also these facebook pages:

The Paw Project

https://www.facebook.com/pawproject?fref=nf

American Veterinary Workers against declwing

https://www.facebook.com/AVWAD?ref=br_tf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 12-29-2014   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

CatLove24 is on a distinguished road

Thank for your post.
Unread 12-30-2014   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Bless you for wanting to protect this baby! Acerlt gave you excellent references. I will be praying that your parents will listen to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 12-31-2014   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

garrettmarvelwilson is on a distinguished road

Hello, It’s really nice of to stand for the little kitten!

I myself think declawing is more dangerous than good for the cats, in some countries declawing cats is either illegal or considered extremely inhumane.

Tell your parents to read this website(www .declawing .com) it has great information and a list of the countries that banned the declawing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garrettmarvelwilson For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-05-2015   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

garrettmarvelwilson is on a distinguished road

Hello Cheyennika,

How’s the little kitten? Did you guys make your decision, are you going to declawed her or she's going to keep them? I hope she's not declawed already.
Unread 09-21-2015   #7 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

Many people choose cheap cat declawing their cats to protect themselves or their furniture. Declawing is a surgical procedure done by a veterinarian using general anesthesia and is often done at the same time as spaying or neutering.Read on and enjoy the wide range of interesting facts about cats and kittens.

Tags
art , baby , bite , box , breeder , california , cat , cats , claws , facebook , furniture , great , hey , house , joy , kitten , kittens , litter , litter box , new kitten , nice , problems , scratch , videos

Sponsored Cat Links