It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-07-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

fakepivot is on a distinguished road
Default How long it takes convert indoor/ ourdoor cat to indoor

Hi, new to the forum, i have one cat she is about 1 year 2 mounths now
she use to be outdoor/ indoor from birth.. we got her spyed few mouths back.
funny thing was we thought she was a male till she was 9 mouths old coz she was big like male cats.. anyway..
so we usally let her out at midnight 3am and she use to come back home like 6 or 5 am when my mom woke up
and then we let her out again in the evening and she come home early too
but then recently she started going out for Longer time and once she was out for almost a day.. and i was worred soo much.. so im trying to make her indoor only im sick and tired of worring all day long..

And to make matter worse i live in india, outside is Full of danger, there street dogs, And people who are Bunch of ***ing AHoles who think dog is the only pet in the world and there people who will steel cats and i heard there people who will also eat them which i don't if its true or not

so my problem here is she cry a lot to go out, i try takeing her out on a leash, but she just lie down when i put it on her.. but she is getting the hang of it and also play with her, she loves paper balls, and when i throw it she hits it back like vallyball which is awesome..and she is also well behaved she does her potty in the littler.. i just want her to stop crying..

so just wanted to know how long did your indoor/outdoor cat take to become indoor only?
thanks

p.s sorry for terrible grammar and my English!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-07-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I think you are doing the right thing to keep your beloved kitty inside. And the things you are doing are the right things too, playing with her a lot and getting her used to the harness. My cats are all harness trained.

In time she will begin to associate the harness with a walk outside and she may adjust better to it then.

Does she have a cat tree she can climb and scratch on? How long do you play with her? Cats like routine so I suggest you play with her at certain times of day, the same times every day, so she can get used to that.

One other idea, but it may not be possible where you live, is to build a cat safe outdoor enclosure for her. Something she can access from a window maybe, but it is all screen in so she can't get out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
birth , cat , cats , crying , dogs , home , indoor , indoor/outdoor , kitty , male , mat , outdoor , pet , play , playing , problem , scratch , sick , stop , window

Sponsored Cat Links