It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Angelic
Yehyeh22 is on a distinguished road
Default Introducing kitten to resident cat

Hello,
I have a 1yr 5mo cat named Pica and recently adopted a 3mo kitten named Sir. It's been a few days now and the adjustment has been slow but progressing positively.

My questions is, when can I trust them to be together at bedtime? So far they have always been supervised. At night my wife has slept with the kitten in the bedroom and I have been in the living room with my resident cat.

I want to make sure nothing happens when we are asleep.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-09-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

How are things going between them so far?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-09-2015   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Angelic
Yehyeh22 is on a distinguished road

I think pretty well considering that is has only been a week. My resident cat who is a rescue that I have had for 1 year now was annoyed at first with the normal hissing and growling. But each introduction got better. They have had meals in the same room today (Supervised) things went well besides the two wanting each others food. Today was a huge step also because they actually napped on the same bed. Pica my resident cat did small growl when Sir got too close but they still stayed for a good hour.

I dont want to move to fast, I think Pica is actually more scared of the kitten if anything. They have moments of playing then Pica has enough and gets moody. I still keep them separate when I can't supervise, but they do try to always see where the other one is at.
Unread 11-09-2015   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

If you feel confident that the house is kitten proofed, the only way to know for sure if Sir is ready to join the bed time routine is to try it.

I would still keep them separate during they day when you are at work though, for a bit longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 11-12-2015   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

pfreeman is on a distinguished road

It sounds like they are getting to now each other. Just be patient and do't rush anything.
Unread 11-16-2015   #6 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

I Also think Pica is actually more scared of the kitten if anything. They have moments of playing then Pica has enough and gets moody.

Tags
annoyed , cat , fast , food , growling , hey , hissing , house , introduction , kitten , moments , night , playing , rescue , resident cat , scared , small

Sponsored Cat Links