It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-05-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

katren is on a distinguished road
Default Need Advice - Whether To Adopt Another Cat

Hi. I had two cats who never got along well. The older cat, Daisy, passed away a few weeks ago. I miss her terribly. But my other cat, Willow, who was always insecure, seems delighted to be the only cat. I have room in my heart and home to adopt another one. If it's going to make Willow miserable I don't know if I should do it. I would love to make a loving home for an older cat who needs a place. But I love Willow and don't want to make her unhappy. I'd appreciate thoughts on this from cat lovers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-06-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

The dynamic between the other two: which cat actually had the problem getting along with the other cat? Some cats just can't tolerate another cat in their territory. Willow may be that type.

How about a bonded pair from the shelter instead? Two, focused on each other, might be easier for Willow to accept.

I'm very sorry for your loss of Daisy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-06-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

katren is on a distinguished road

To acerit- Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post about getting a new sibling for Willow. Willow is the one who doesn't welcome other cats in her life. My other cats were always very accepting. Getting a bonded pair from a shelter is a wonderful idea! But it took a long time for Willow (who had a difficult life before I adopted her) to learn not to be so insecure and to understand that I love her and would never give her up. I think I'll give her a chance to enjoy her status a Queen of the Household for awhile. BTW, this is the first time I've posted anything in a forum with this format and I hope you receive this reply. Best wishes, Katren
Unread 01-13-2016   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

According to me, you don't need to get another cat because your cat doesn’t learn to share in the kitty - garden with another cat, so double the cats means double or in the case of litterboxes, triple, the cat stuff. If you plan on adding another cat, you’ll need additional toys, additional food and water bowls, and two additional litter boxes. The rule of paw is a litter box for each cat, plus one extra, preferably in different areas, to ensure that they don’t fight over this valuable piece of property. A tall cat tree with multiple perches is also a good idea.

Tags
adopted , advice , another cat , cat , cat lovers , cats , fight , food , happy , home , joy , kitty , litter boxes , loss , love , lovers , loving , problem , queen , shelter , thoughts , toys , type

Sponsored Cat Links