It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-15-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Confused
TropicalTim is on a distinguished road
Default Sleeping Cat Goes Postal

I live on a small island in the tropical pacific. No rabies known here. It is primitive, and there are lots of feral cats and dogs here.

I have a very passive inside/outside cat, Leaf, that is totally calm and compliant. He has never shown any agression or threatening attitude to me, and has been with me since weaning. A slow moving cat, before I got him a flea collar, only a flea bite seemed to get his attention.

The temp has gotten down to 77 degrees at night (yeah, I know, what a wuss) and Leaf was sleeping normally on a pillow next to me. I started to get up and he bit me on the hand. Hard. Lots of blood.

I am trying to understand what may have set him off, as this was very much out of character for this cat. He seems totally calm (much more calm than me) this morning.

The ONLY thing that was different regarding last night was that i had lit a bit of coconut husk to clear the room of mosquitos (no poisons). Was the irritation of a bit of smoke (not reallly very much, but it did stop the mosquitoes) enough to explain this behavior? Or is my cat turning into a maniac?

(I'll follow up with my Dr. for any personal health concerns, thank you.)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
aggressive , agression , behavior , bite , calm , cat , cats , collar , dogs , feral , health , morning , moving , night , passive , rabies , sleeping , small , stop , weaning

Sponsored Cat Links