It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-01-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

perriejinnie is on a distinguished road
Default How to bathe cat?

Hey guys, please suggest me something about bathing an aggressive cat. I get scratches all over my hands when I try to give my cat bath.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-01-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

The solution is to stop bathing the cat.

Your cat (actually still a kitten) does not need baths. Cats are self cleaning.

Baths are not good for cats, causing stress which can lead to illness, drying out coat and skin which will lead to other health problems.

Feed your kitty a good quality wet diet, keep her/him inside, play with kitty several times a day, keep the litter box clean, and no baths.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-02-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

I have had a dog who I used to give bath. It is fairly easier than giving bath to my cat. I have read an article (petsgroomingtips.com/how-to-bathe-your-cat) where it is written that we should not put cat in the water directly. But in an empty tub and slowly fill the container with water. It is very helpful for me. Any more tips would be appreciated.
Unread 07-02-2016   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Cats and dogs are two entirely different species. There is no comparison between them regarding things like giving baths.

Your cat does not need to be bathed. It causes stress,dries out his coat and skin, and depending on what you are washing him with, you may be putting toxic substances in him.

Stop trying to bathe the cat. Cats are self cleaning.

Feed your cat a species appropriate wet or balanced raw diet, and keep his litter box clean, and play with him daily and brush his coat a few times a week..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 07-05-2016   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

You are right my friend but then, the smell in my cat's fur doesn't go if I won't make her bath. She simply don't like bathing but I need to do so as her fur also gets dirty and then she simply looks awful. If someone can tell me how to remove that smell and dirt from her furs without making her bath as that was not explained in most of the cats grooming tips.
Unread 07-05-2016   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Why would your cat be getting so dirty she needs a bath?

I am concerned about this smell you say she has. How old is she? Cats should not smell bad.

If a cat smells bad it usually means she is sick.

I think you'd better take your cat to the vet.

please read this first
Unread 07-06-2016   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

My cat is 2 years old. She has developed this smelly odor from past few months only. I'm also concerned about her health. If you know anything in this regard then please suggest me.
Unread 07-06-2016   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

You need to take her to the vet.

Is she spayed? If she is not spayed, she may have a pyometra or uterine infection. This is very serious, painful and potentially fatal if not addressed immediately.

Another cause of odor might be her anal glands. They may not be expressing properly. Again, this requires a visit to the vet.

An unaddressed urinary tract infection can lead to kidney infections. Kidney problems will cause a cat to smell bad. Blood work and urinalysis will be needed to diagnose this issue.

Diet is important. What are you feeding her?

please read this first
Unread 08-01-2016   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

My cat loves to eat a lot of meat for protein and for fat. She has recently developed a strong urge for fishes. Earlier she never used to eat fish. I'm going to feed her fish, meat, eggs and yellow pulses for protein. Thank you for your recommendations and suggestions.
Unread 09-30-2016   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

RandyMiller is on a distinguished road

I think it is more convenient and “safe” to opt for professionals for bathing your cat. They really know how to do it the right way. Plus, since cats don’t require a bath often..you don’t waste your money too!

Tags
aggressive , bath , box , cat , cats , cleaning , diet , dog , dogs , fur , grooming , health , hey , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , play , problems , smell , stop , stress , tips , water

Sponsored Cat Links