It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-05-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

CatDotCom is on a distinguished road
Default How often do you groom your cat?

Grooming your cat on a regular basis will remove any loose fur that could end up in the cat's digestive system, causing constipation, fur balls, and discomfort that can also result in your cat throwing up on a regular basis.

How often do you guys groom your cat?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CatDotCom - The Best Cats Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

At
, we provide the best selection of cats food, toys, tree and many more! Check out our latest addition of cats related fashion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-05-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Grooming may help some. Maybe. But feeding your cat a species appropriate diet, rich in meat and moisture, is going to help a lot more.

Ditch the kibble. Feed canned only. Learn to read labels and avoid canned foods with certain ingredients such as sugar (or anything ending in "ose") any grains, especially corn, carrageenan, menadione bisulfates, anything artificial, and yes, fruits and vegetables.

Better yet feed a raw diet or at least, part raw part canned.

You will find (if the cat's system is not already too damaged by kibble) that the puking and constipation will be a distant memory, if you feed your cat a decent diet.

NO DRY FOOD

please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-03-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

perriejinnie is on a distinguished road

Grooming your cat is an entertaining task for both owner and cat. You must enjoy the process of cat's grooming otherwise you won't like it and will take it for granted. Learn from YouTube and read pet grooming tips on the Internet to know the basics of grooming.
Unread 11-07-2016   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Relaxed
LoveMyKittys is on a distinguished road

Montana gets combed and brushed everyday and I always check her ears a few times a week , what do you do with a cat that will only eat dry food
Unread 11-07-2016   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKittys View Post
Montana gets combed and brushed everyday and I always check her ears a few times a week , what do you do with a cat that will only eat dry food
The reason she eats only dry is because she's addicted to the chemicals and fats they spray on it, to make her eat it. If she's never had anything else, she won't recognize canned food as food.

Feed on a schedule. Three or four meals a day. Put the food down, leave it for half an hour, pick it up until next meal.

Once kitty is eating on a schedule, put a small blob of wet food in a separate dish, next to the dry food. Just a small amount, a teaspoon. Leave it there, if she doesn't eat it, pick it up when you pick up the dish. The idea is to get her to associate wet food as food. Most kibble addicts don't even recognize wet food as food.

If she is cleaning the dish of dry food at meal time, next put a little less dry in the dish, and put the wet food in the dish also. Not mixed into the dry, just in the same dish.

Once she is eating that blob of wet, feed smaller amounts of dry and more wet, until the meals are al wet.

Throw the dry away.

Don't worry if it takes a long time, in the end you will get it done and you'll be amazed at the difference in her!

please read this first
Unread 11-08-2016   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Relaxed
LoveMyKittys is on a distinguished road

ok ty I will try that but I always heard cats were suppose to eat dry and wet food , a little of both ? my vet says she should some of both , now I'am confused
Unread 11-08-2016   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Cats are strict obligate carnivores. They were never meant to eat hard dry nuggets of corn and other grains. A dry fed cat is chronically dehydrated because a cat cannot drink enough water to make up the deficit in moisture.

A dry diet leads to constipation, urinary tract disorders, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease to name just a few issues.

Vets don't know anything about feline nutrition. I would never trust feline diet advice from a vet unless that vet was telling you to feed an all wet or balanced raw diet..

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

KittyShark, educate about nutritional deficiencies from kibble

Do you get all fired up about your cats? Are you determined to give them the best in life you can? Then you've come to the right place! - CatCentric

please read this first
Unread 11-17-2016   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Happy
Clare Cole is on a distinguished road

too much ha, I love stroking my cat.

Tags
canned food , cat , cat's , cats , cleaning , constipation , diet , dry , dry food , food , fur , groom , grooming , hey , internet , joy , pet , puking , raw , small , tips , wet food , worry , youtube

Sponsored Cat Links