It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-01-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Kribri is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Moving my Cat Away From His Sister

Hello,

I am in need of some advice. Back in October, ai suddenly lost my 7 year old cat in a tragic accident(a friend accidentally let him out of the house, and a neighbors dog got him). I am still heartbroken, but I have since adopted another cat, Rocket, from a shelter near where I live. Two days after O brought him home, my mom adopted his sister. They've been living together since they were adopted back in October. They have a routine. Rocket, my boy, is incredibly sociable, and rather mischievous, whereas his sister, Jet, prefers to be alone about half the time, but is essentially the biggest cuddle bug the other half. They have their routines. The first thing they want in the mornings is to see each other, and they go back and forth playing throughout the day unless Rocket bothers Jet too much. Basically, they love each other a lot. They were on the street together before being turned in to the shelter. However, two weeks from today I am moving into an apartment with my boyfriend, and we'll be taking Rocket with us. My concern is that since his routine will be disrupted, he'll be stressed out, and since my boyfriend and I both work, he'll be alone at the apartment for a good portion of the day. He seems to have a little bit of separation anxiety. I want to make this transition as easy as possible for him. Especially since he is such a social cat. We are planning to adopt a kitten in the future, but it would be 700 dollars for two cats pet deposits at the apartment complex. My mom works nearby, and was thinking about bringing Jet over during the day while she's at work, that way they still get to see each other, but Jet seems to have a lot of issues with changes. When we adopted her it took her about a month to come out of her shell, and I don't want to put her through that again if I don't have to. I just want to know what is best for both cats.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-02-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I would leave the cats together with your mother.

When you are settled in new your home, go to the shelter and give another cat a forever home.

When I left home at age 20, that is what I did.

I would never separate a bonded pair.

Good luck to you with your move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 12-02-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , advice , another cat , anxiety , apartment , boy , boyfriend , cat , cats , dog , hey , home , house , kitten , lost , love , moving , pet , playing , separation , shelter , siblings , social , stress , transition

Sponsored Cat Links