It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Pete is on a distinguished road
Default Mean neighboor causing problen for cats

My cat Bella will at least once a day sit facing the door and cry until I let her into the hallway. I'll open the door and she'll go about a foot into the hallway, roll around on her back for a few minutes and then come back inside. The other cats snoop around a bit by going to the first floor (I'm on the second) and then I bring them back in. I have eye contact on them at all times. The mean lady downstairs has again filed a complaint against me claiming about them. I think that this time she called the board of health since the housing authority claims that came and inspected the hallway and claimed that there was cat feces in the hallway, which is an outright falsehood. I even called the housing authority last year to make sure I was allowed to do it and they said yes.

My cats love going into the hallway. It's when Fluffy purrs the loudest. Can anybody recommend what I can do? I mostly want to use the hallway as a transitional stage so that they'll get used to going outside. I think they'll love going outside if they aren't so scared of it. I'd like to take them outside for a few minutes a day. They stare out the window so much I think they might be longing for it. What do you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Cats stare out the window because they like looking out windows, it doesn't mean they want to go out.

Though I understand your desire to enrich their world a bit. There are window boxes.....something like this, you can build your own or buy one already built

https://catiospaces.com/catios-cat-e...indow-box-sml/

Cat Solarium

Or how about harness training the cats, and, on harness taking them down the stairs and outside, instead of letting them wander in the hall?

You might speak to this person who is complaining, telling her what you are planning? Mentioning that you have permission from the landlord to do this?

Often, people like that, complaining for no reason except pure nastiness, will go a step further and find some way to hurt the cats. I wouldn't put them at risk by continuing what you are doing now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Or how about harness training the cats, and, on harness taking them down the stairs and outside, instead of letting them wander in the hall?
I think I gave the wrong impression. I live in a two floor apartment building. There's one person across the hall, the hall being 10 feet long. The same downstairs. So its very small. The cats don't exactly wander around. Bella merely rolls back and forth on her back, sometimes lying on her back with those cute little paws curled up. Sooooo cute. I sit with Fluffy as he wanders down one or two steps, turns around and demands that I pet him. Then he'll repeat it, purring all the time. Scooter will come out in the hall and go smell the shovel my neighbor keeps in the hall. If they get real curious and my back pain is not that bad I'll let them go downstairs. I'll either walk down with them or watch them from upstairs. This lasts about two minutes, top!

Quote:
Often, people like that, complaining for no reason except pure nastiness, will go a step further and find some way to hurt the cats.
She's just nasty. However, I have no problem trying to talk to her. The problem is that I can't be sure that she'll admit to making complaints or whether she'll complain to the landlord that my trying to talk to her was some sort of harassment. I've decided to play it safe and talk to a lawyer about it first. I see one on Wednesday afternoon.

Quote:
I wouldn't put them at risk by continuing what you are doing now.
I'd never put them at risk. I never have. Remember, I had permission to do this. The landlord could be lying about the board of health. I called them and they had no knowledge of coming to my place or sending them a letter.

Last edited by Pete; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:17 PM.
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

This afternoon I confirmed with the board of health that they were never here, never had a complaint against me and they never called my landlord.

My landlord is a housing authority which is a public program. Making false claims to them in an attempt to curtail my legal rights might be a federal offense according to the False Claim Act.

I never should have started this thread. Being in a position is very different then hearing about it. Especially since I never explained the petty nonsense the housing authority and that woman has pulled on me in the past and how the demean you by talking down to you when you question what they're doing. They are very rude when it comes to things like that.

Last edited by Pete; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:12 PM.
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hey Pete I'm with you on this. If you are concerned this thread might affect your case against this woman..you can delete your posts. You can't delete the thread but you can go into each post individually and remove the content of it and just put dots instead. Hope it works out for you and your furkids.

You might be able to delete each individual post even. If you can, and do, I can go ahead and delete mine too then there will be nothing for anyone to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
age , apartment , cat , cats , cute , eye , fur , health , hey , hurt , legal , love , person , pet , scared , small , smell , training , window

Sponsored Cat Links