It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-23-2018   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Pete is on a distinguished road
Default Poor Scooter

It seems that I may have spoiled my kitties with kitty treats. They love them so much! E.g. if fluffy is taking his usual afternoon catnap on my bed, which is in the room adjacent to my living room, and he hears the lid of the kitty treat container being opened I immediately here hear him jump off the bed and the pitter-patter of his little paws running into the living room and jumps into his kitty treat position. I have my three cats trained to go to certain positions on the two couches in the room so that one isn't tempted to eat the others treats. Even if they hear me say "Kitty treat" their cute little kitty ears pop up. Fluffy will run across the room and jump into my lap - I God I love these little balls of fur.

The problem I have not is with Scooter. He's the "talkative" one by which I mean he has a particular meow for the different things he wants and actions which go with them. In this case he has a certain meow which he uses when he's next to the bookcase where I keep the treats and he does the meow as he's looking up at the treat container, whether its empty or not.

My heart breaks when he does that. But I know its a bad idea to give him treats when he wants. Its bad for both his health and my budget.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Were you able to change the behavior, perhaps by keeping the treats out of sight? I keep them where they are because its easy for me. Being disabled means pain when I move. I'm at a place where I can live with it but I try to keep it to a minimum and watch every step I take.

Thanks.

Pete
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
behavior , cat , cats , cute , fur , health , hey , kitties , kitty , love , meow , problem

Sponsored Cat Links