It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2006   #1 (permalink)
angelshellbelle

Default Does your fur baby ...........

like to jump up on the counter or your dining room table??? My cat doesn't do this so much but the white cat at my parents house does this all the time. Shes always on the counter as its a safe haven for her from the dog. I just can't stand the thought of something that uses a litter box walking across my counter tops or playing on my table.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-25-2006   #2 (permalink)
Glk

Yes, I do have this problem and it is something that I wish my cat did not do. I can't leave anything out on the counters or she will try to open it and eat it. How did you train your cat not to do this?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-26-2006   #3 (permalink)
angelshellbelle

I have heard that a water bottle filled with water works. As you see the cat jump up there spray them with water. Also maybe just leave the water bottle sitting on the counter after a while to help get them to stop.

Unread 04-26-2006   #4 (permalink)
Glk

Oh that is a great idea! My cat does not like water, so maybe this will do the trick! Thanks!

Unread 05-01-2006   #5 (permalink)
hwang

My cats don't like to, but they used to do it.
Not in the dinning room, they liked to jump up the kitchen's table when my mother cooks.
They don't do it anymore!!

Unread 09-29-2006   #6 (permalink)
Siamese_ifyouplease

Dont go to the water bottle so quick, try to take him off and put him on the ground first, and then spray him if it happens again, i think it gives the cat a better idea of what exactly he's doing wrong. also, dont limit it to the tables and counters, we also have the desk as off limits, not that we mind, but it will definitely make it easier for him to remember that all raised wooded surfaces are off limits.

Unread 10-17-2006   #7 (permalink)
Peabug

my cats get into and on everything and it drives me crazy! They even somehow get on top of the beams on the ceiling! In cabinets, counters, everything. I got to the point where I have to tie stuff around the cabinet handles to keep them out!

Unread 10-17-2006   #8 (permalink)
himilover

The table and counters are a favorite place for my Himalayan to sleep. Luckily he doesn't jump on the table when there is food up there--he doesn't like table food at all. Keeping him off of the table and counters is a battle though. I will have to try spraying him with water.

Unread 10-17-2006   #9 (permalink)
aja3171

My cats like to jump to the dining table too and on the kitchen table especially when we're not around, looking for food to eat. Spraying them with water will only let them stay away temporarily, coz they keep coming back LOL.

Unread 10-20-2006   #10 (permalink)
stormy

I guess I was lucky. I found my orphan when she was about 10 days old, so I had total control. When she did start jumping on the counters, tables, I would pick here up and, from about knee high let her go to the floor, and say NO in a strong coice..she still responds to NO..but she never goes up on the counters,, or tables..when she was older and misbehaved I tried the squirt gun..she loved it, and would try and catch the stream !! She loves to put toys in my shoes (she is about seven now)//especially those things that go around the milk caps..I always throw them on the floor, and they end up in my shoes...

Tags
art , baby , bat , box , cat , cats , crazy , dog , food , found , fur , great , hey , himalayan , house , jumping , litter , litter box , lucky , playing , problem , shoes , sleep , stop , toys , water

Sponsored Cat Links