It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
hwang

Default Cats and Plants

To prevent your cat from digging in the dirt around your houseplants, go to your local craft store and buy a few pieces of the plastic needlepoint mesh. Cut it to fit the pot, with a slit and an opening for the plant. Place it on top of the dirt. Or, dampen a cotton ball with oil of clove, then bury the cotton ball just below the surface.

To stop him from chewing on houseplants, mist the leaves with water and sprinkle a small amount of cayenne pepper on the leaves. Or you can buy Bitter Apple from your local pet store and spray it on the leaves. Here is a list of plants that are toxic to your cat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-29-2006   #2 (permalink)
Siamese_ifyouplease

I don't think that theres anything to stop our mischevious one from digging around in the plants in our house, we got him to stop for a while with using face up contact paper that would stick to him, but we didnt have the heart to use anything stickier so he would just run around for a bit and get it off, i swear though, archaeologists would probably be out of work if cats had the same interest in their digs that they do in my plants!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
cat , cats , chewing , cut , hey , house , pet , small , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links