It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2006   #1 (permalink)
hwang

Default Biting!?

Does your cat bite when he plays? Respond as a cat: hiss at him. Or scream in painful agony; he'll stop (though he might not play with you for a long while). I had a cat that accidentally drew blood while we were playing - I put my arm up to his nose and rubbed the droplets of blood against him, and he never bit again.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-26-2006   #2 (permalink)
Meow!

That sounds abit scary, abit of a horror thing that.. When my cat bit me, I was in shock.. Total suprise! I just went to the bathroom and washed the blood away. I was quite angry at my cat for doing this, however we made friends again the next day!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-27-2006   #3 (permalink)
felicsthecat

There are pets who are like that. My dog also bites when there's food in front of him. But all they need is understanding and acceptance.

Unread 09-27-2006   #4 (permalink)
catfish

My cats never bite me. In fact two them were sweet cats. When they were small they used to sleep on my lap on my tummy when I watched tv.

Unread 09-29-2006   #5 (permalink)
LuckyBambu

Both of my cats bite me when I play with them. I think it's just sort of a cat thing to do.

Sometimes they bite hard, but then realize it and then sort of stop and "apologize" if you will.

Unread 09-29-2006   #6 (permalink)
Siamese_ifyouplease

my cat definitely loves to bite, i never thought about the hissing thing though, i'm sure i'll get an opportunity to do it soon though!

Unread 10-05-2006   #7 (permalink)
wilford

It's dangerous if cats would bite us..Rabbies is the prime cause why it's dangerous if we are bitten by cats..

car insurance quotes uk
consolidate debts
auto accident florida

Unread 10-06-2006   #8 (permalink)
wilford

Default Cat Bites

Here are some things you can do to prevent bites:

* Never leave a young child alone with a pet.
* Do not try to separate fighting animals.
* Avoid sick animals and animals that you don't know.
* Leave animals alone while they're eating.
* Keep pets on a leash when in public.
* Select your family pet carefully, and be sure to keep your pet's vaccinations (shots) up-to-date.

legal malpractice lawyers new york
california home equity loans
texas homeowners insurance

Unread 10-06-2006   #9 (permalink)
aja3171

My cat Ming doesnt like to be touch so I dont play with her. I just let her lick herself and lay on the floor. HEr son on the other hand raises his left paw everytime I play with him, then gives me a feint bite everytime sratch his head.

Unread 10-06-2006   #10 (permalink)
fidokitty

rub it against him? Sounds kinda gross but probably works. my cats have never drawn blood. But they do respond to no. So i dont need to do that. words have worked well with me.

Tags
advice , aggression , aggressive , agressive , angry , animal , antibiotics , art , attacking , baby , behavior , bite , bites , biting , box , breeds , car , care , cat , cats , crying , dog , dogs , eating , eye , eyes , family , fighting , fights , food , friends , girl , growling , growls , hey , hiss , hissing , hurt , infection , kitten , litter box , mistake , moving , new york , nose , paw , pee , pet , play , playing , puppy , scared , scary , scream , sick , sleep , sleeping , small , stop , surgery , timid , type , window

Sponsored Cat Links