It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2006   #1 (permalink)
jones6

Default Agressive

My kitten is only around 6 weeks old but already is quite aggresive, he was a stray so im told they can be a bit crazy. He bites and scratches us all the time though, do you think he will grow out of this?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-03-2006   #2 (permalink)
CatzXena.

I have a cat who is similar but...
we love it when she does that!!!
We think its great crack!
Just try ignoring him or doing something he hates when he does that...
But do not spray or hit him that would just be cruel.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-03-2006   #3 (permalink)
jones6

I dont think its funny as it hurts
And he will not get on with any other animals which is bad as i have a dog.

Unread 08-04-2006   #4 (permalink)
CatzXena.

Same as my cat...
It hurts, she doesn't get on with other animals,
Cats aren't suppose to like dogs so ignor it don't introduce them keep them seperated and start on that enclosure.

Unread 09-29-2006   #5 (permalink)
LuckyBambu

When he does something you don't want, I'd just use a spray bottle with the stream setting on it, just once will do. All of my cats have been raised this way and they don't climb on the counters or anything.

Don't punish him when he's playing with you though, just go OW or something when he hurts you, and he should stop.

Unread 09-29-2006   #6 (permalink)
Siamese_ifyouplease

I have to disagree with CatzXena on this one, I have an adopted 1/4 Siamese 3/4 Tiger kitten and he gets along with our 6 year old golden retriever. They play together really nicely and respect it when one of them growls or hisses. Also, the kitten will frequently curl up against the dog when they're both ready to sleep. They're adorable and get along great!

Unread 10-17-2006   #7 (permalink)
Peabug

my husbands cat does this to us all the time. We ended up having to have her declawed, and now she just bites. I stay away from her. Guess we have a love hate relationship.

Unread 10-17-2006   #8 (permalink)
himilover

Do you think some of the biting might come from teething? We also have a little kitten this age and he is just so incredibly playful just like you described! I've always (like I said above) chalked the biting up to teething.

Unread 10-18-2006   #9 (permalink)
aja3171

Maybe the kitty is still wary, that's why he's a little aggressive, just give him more time and Im sure he'll know that you mean no harm. And yes they are very playful, I remember my cat when he was small, he would scratch and bite my feet if he saw it swinging.

Tags
adopted , adorable , age , aggressive , agressive , art , bite , bites , biting , cat , cats , crazy , dog , dogs , fun , funny , great , growls , hey , kitten , kitty , love , play , playing , scratch , siamese , sleep , small , stop , stray

Sponsored Cat Links